eden pure

OMG this is hilarious. Autymn (sp?) is a complete moron. As an electrical engineer, I can tell you with 100% certainty that all electric heaters are 100% efficient. And efficiency is the ratio of output to input (power out/power in, in the case of heat generating appliances the inherent efficiency is 100%. In gas appliances the efficiency can range UPTO about 95% for the newer 'ultra high efficiency furnaces' as long as combustion air is supplied from an unheated source [that is why you have 2 pipes going outside from the furnace- 1 for combustion air and 1 for combustion gasses to be vented]. No gas appliance is 100% efficient. ) Efficiency of heating units DOES NOT DEPEND ON ROOM CONSTRUCTION. The lack of ability of the room to contain the heat does not affect the output rating of the heater, thus the efficiency is not changed. (Input is ALWAYS the same no matter what). So autymn (sp?) why don't you do some research on a reliable source (wikipedia is not considered reliable because it can be altered by anyone without regard for their qualifications).

Reply to
dan_was

They may be 100 % efficent but they are not the cheapest way to heat , gas is still king least up here it is .

Reply to
jim

Eden pure is way overpriced, it has to be to pay for all the bs advertisment. so its a waste of money. I can buy 10 electric heaters for the price of eden rip off. And what is the bs line thay call their heating element, cured copper or something. For that price it should have a transferable lifetime warranty with free shipping and handling, I have oil filled radiators from 73 that are fine, and antique radiant. A 100 watt incandesant lightbulb is a 90-95 watt heater for a buck.

Reply to
ransley

my freind bought one and said it worked pretty good in one room,, but the rest of his house is freezing.i looked at it ,it does put out a good stream of heat and is quiet,must have squirell cage blower,,, when i explained he gets 3 dollars of heat for every 1 dollars spend with his heat pump,and 1 dollar for every dollar with his eden pure he turned on the heat pump and is happy with the heat pump cost and performance wise....

ds549

That is the essential economics behind the savings claims of all these "single point" heaters. You use either a radiant heater focused on one person, or a small heater that warms a small room. Then you turn the heat in the rest of the house way down.

i looked at it ,it does put out a good

Actually, he could come out ahead in energy cost with the eden pure or any other similar heater. The key is that even if electric resistance heating costs 2 or 3X gas, heat pump, etc, if you're sitting right in front of it, with the rest of a large house set way back, you could wind up saving money. How practical that really is though and if you could save enough to make it worthwhile is another question.

Reply to
trader4
******************************************** Tried it once for a couple of weeks. Minimal drop in oil, major increase in electric. Not to mention the toilet seat was colder than usual.
Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You hit the nail pretty square on the head! Waaaay overpriced. A

1500 watt heater is a 1500 watt heater. Put a blower on it and you probably don't even have a full 1500 watts of heating??? Our Ace Hardware started carrying these expensive pieces of crap and I have lost a little respect for Ace Hdwre because of it. We get a montly newsletter from our electric co-operative and they say right in there not to buy them. Are there that many people who believe in their advertizing? They would probably work fine in Southern Arizona in the wintertime. But where ever there is snow on the ground, forget it. Just MHO....... Steve
Reply to
Steve

I am using two 1500 watt radiators to heat my large living room/kitchen. I run the oil fired furnace for about an hour in the morning and then turn it off. The radiators run for about 15 hours a day. I estimate my electric bill to be $200/month which is $150 higher than usual. I pre-bought my oil at $4.779 (I know) so if I save a gallon a day I will break even. At the present rate of $2.449/gallon this wouldn't pay but I am committed at $4.779. What I don't use by April 30 will convert to money in reserve for next year. I probably won't pre-buy again!

I tried an EdenPure a few years ago. I returned it for a full refund.

---MIKE---

Reply to
---MIKE---

I'm wondering how much trouble these pre-bought home oil contracts are going to turn into. When prices go up, consumers make out. But when it goes the other way big time, I wonder how many are going to cop out out one way or another. And how many oil dealers will be suing to try to collect or going bust because so many of their customers defaulted.

New Hampshire

Reply to
trader4