Economical Pressure Washer ?

Page 1 of 2

I want a very low-cost pressure washer, just for simple things like washing my car, washing siding and gentle washing of my deck. I think I want something that will do about 1500 psi, correct ?
Would like to spend $100 or less. Remember, this is not for heavy duty stuff, I don't won't to wash the paint off my house or cause damage to wood, etc. Just something that would give me perhaps 5-10 times more pressure than my water hose....
Thanks for any recommendations !!
James
wrote Re Economical Pressure Washer ?:

I had a cheap Karcher once. It lasted about 15-hours of use before it died.

I have a cheap Karcher, its on its 9th year with some heavy use jobs, like complete houses, my friend has a cheap Karcher its used on a farm weekly for the last 11 years, maybe you just got a bad unit.

I have a cheap Karcher, its on its 9th year with some heavy use jobs, like complete houses, my friend has a cheap Karcher its used on a farm weekly for the last 11 years, maybe you just got a bad unit.
=++++++++++++++++
I've got one of those too. Had it for about 3 years. We only use it once or twice a year for the pool deck. I was impressed with how well it worked and how cheap it was. I need to clean my deck again. Hope it still works.

2 Generac 99$ units i got lasted 2-4 hours each till they fried. Getting the cheapest isnt a good gamble. Ive had good luck with Karcher but even then some are duds
HD has a unit that is about $100.00 or so. Some neighbors have one. Not a lot of pressure or water flow, but so far so good.

WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT BUY A HUSKY.

Haven't we already had this discussion? I have a Husky 1750 that is 4 1/2 yrs old and works just fine.
Thanks Stormin !! I will look at HD.
James
Y'welcome. Hope that works for you.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Haven't we already had this discussion? I have a Husky 1750 that is 4 1/2 yrs old and works just fine.
And I have a POS that quit after three uses. Are you saying yours is better than mine? Or that you got a good one, therefore the company could never have made any bad ones?
Steve

I'm saying that you got a lemon.

I'm saying that you got a lemon.
Make that an expensive lemon. But that's the last dollar Husky will ever get from me.
Steve

I can respect that. All I'm saying is, if there were all a POS they wouldn't still be selling them. The return lines would be endless.
My experience is buying one off ebay for about $45. The wand didn't have the sprayer tip, so it just gurgled. An electric Craftsman. The folks at Sears didn't know that Craftsman ever made an electric.
Bought a hose and tip, at Lowe's for $65. This had the adjustable tip. But, find out the limit switch on the pressure washer was broken, and the system didn't work.
Bought a Campbell Hausfield, off Ebay for about $50. But, the high pressure housing cracked, and it gugles instead of sprays.
Went looking. Most of the stores had Karcher, and other brands with plastic housing. No good. Finally, Home Depot had one with metal pump housing. Red, can't remember the brand. But, it's worked since then. You can learn from my experience. Go to HD, and get the one with the metal pump housing. Open the box, pull one out. If the high pressure threads are grey metal, that's the one.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

My Karcher is a metal pump, do you mean new ones are Plastic! No wonder they dont last if thats so.
There was one brand I saw at Kmart, which had metal pump. Could have been Karcher.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Husky.
husky ??

Husky is what Home Depot sells that has a red casing.