eBay Idiots

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in

Sellers can't leave negatives about buyers. Though there was a time when retaliatory feedback was an issue on eBay, those days are over, since only one party in a transaction can now leave a negativethe buyer.

oooo, tutt tutt. Just giving info for future use. If you don't wanna use it, then don't use it.
On Thursday, May 17, 2012 10:01:39 AM UTC-4, Doug Miller wrote:

About ten years ago, a big oak in our pasture got hit by lightning and slowly died. While picking up fallen branches for fireplace kindling, I found one which had been seared by the lightning; it had a black burn mark spiraling down the side. I cut off a foot or so and put it up on eBay as a magic wand for $5, explaining the source but claiming no magic powers for it. Two people bid on it and I sold it for $10.50, with the buyer paying the shipping.
Clever, very good idea. Might have been useful as a thunder rod?
About ten years ago, a big oak in our pasture got hit by lightning and slowly died. While picking up fallen branches for fireplace kindling, I found one which had been seared by the lightning; it had a black burn mark spiraling down the side. I cut off a foot or so and put it up on eBay as a magic wand for $5, explaining the source but claiming no magic powers for it. Two people bid on it and I sold it for $10.50, with the buyer paying the shipping.
Doug Miller wrote:

He got $61 for it - all that matters is the money

We had a local handy man that purchased used range tops for $25 to $50 on eBay. Did not make much sense until he mentioned that the burner controls were no longer available and he could sell the control and the service for $150 X 4 where the replacement range would cost the home owner $1000+.
He had a steady referral business and was in line for the install of any new appliances the homeowners purchased.
On Thu, 17 May 2012 14:01:39 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller

That's exactly like car ads I found when I was looking for a car. Engine is seized, other than that car is perfect and smooth running. my mechanic tells me it's an easy fix.