Easywater Soft Water Unit

Has anyone purchased the subject water conditioner? It does not use salt, easy to install, and only costs $12 a year to run. The list goes on.
On their website, it sounds like something to separate people from their money, but I decided to toss it out there for your comments.
Many thanks.
Kate

Bogus. The company's own description of how it "works" makes no sense, scientifically. It's dressed up in a lot of scientific-sounding nonsense that might fool people who have never had even a high-school class in chemistry.

As one of my favorite authors says: "TANSTAAFL - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"
There are two known ways of softening water, when softening is defined by removing calcium and magnesium ions: An ion exchange system (otherwise known as a device that has a salt tank) and a reverse osmosis system (which uses electricity and a semi-permeable membrane.
Anyone selling magnets or other devices that "align the molecules" is selling snake oil.
Kate wrote:

Hi, You believe in snake oil?