EasyWater ? ???

I read up on this a little. Anyone use it? Does it really work?

Sounds like one of those things you stick on a fuel line and claim to get 99 miles/gallon gimmicks to me.

Reply to
FatterDumber& Happier Moe

Wrap some wire around a water pipe and instant soft water? Yeah sure.

Reply to
Jeff The Drunk

It's snake oil. I heard one of their ads on the radio yesterday -- said that it "leaves the beneficial calcium and magnesium ions in the water".

Well, if it does that, it's not softening the water. By definition. Water that contains calcium and magnesium ions is hard water. Not soft water.

Reply to
Doug Miller

No. Like you say, it's a gimmick. I'm surprised some government agency hasn't come after them.

Reply to
Frank

Ah, yes indeed. But it makes no claims of "softening" water, only "conditioning" it.

Reply to
Tony

And since that's an essentially meaningless term, they're making an essentially meaningless claim -- which neatly avoids the accusation of making

*false* claims.
Reply to
Doug Miller

Somehow, my local water district had a link for this gizmo. Months later it is gone from the web site..

I have the hardest water in the nation.

Reply to
Oren

Sounds like they figured out that it's bogus...

Where?

Reply to
Doug Miller

Exactly my thoughts.

Las Vegas.

This is a ring around Lake Mead: (pic)

Oren

Holy crap!! What IS that?

Reply to
Doug Miller

Low water and leaching calcium. It forms in the rock faces.

Causing the ring.

Reply to
Oren

"Conditioning" it to be what, hard? :)

Well, where I am in upstate NY our water is off the chart hard when not softened. Tastes great, so at least that's a plus. We take the softened water from the sink and run it through a fridge filter and drink that. We first tried to not soften the cold water, and then the minerals built up in the pipes and we had to replace them. So...filtering is better and easier and cheaper. 25 years of experience is quite valuable!

You know if you put a coil of wire around your dick, when you piss it will come out as pure soft urine. What that means is that your dick will be soft when the urine comes out. Better yet, if you connect this coil to an high voltage electrical source, you'll never piss again. Just think how handy that would be when you go out drinking.

Reply to
thirtyplusomething

Hey, I never said the thing works, just clarifying their wording, which does exactly like you said.

Reply to
Tony

That is the mystery!

Reply to
Tony

Odd imagination you have! I don't normally talk to strangers about my dick, much less winding wires around it and adding high voltage! But what ever makes you happy. :~\ And to clarify my clarification, I never said the thing works, just clarified the wording.

Reply to
Tony

Well, here's your big chance to talk about your dick in front of an audience of total strangers. Why not talk about it. Lots of comedians have. Some non-comedians too. Somepeople even spend big money to discuss it with a psychiatrist. Just think, it's absolutely free on here. As far as the coil of wire, that's an accessory. You never know what sort of thing you can create till you try. For example, you could connect the wire to the ignition coil in your car. Just think how exciting that would be.

So, come on, let it all out. Tell us all about your dick, and what makes it sparkle and shine. You might even get some woman on here to get so excited she'll meet you for a good time. Or maybe you'd prefer another man. Now a days one never knows what trips the old pecker into action. But whatever you choose, the more you talk about the better your chance to get some action with someone else, and that could be the royal opportunity to test out some high voltage coils.

So, what about your dick?????? I bet you're dying to tell all of us......

Reply to
thirtyplusomething

"FatterDumber& Happier Moe" wrote in message news:4c0a82f6$0$11817$ snipped-for-privacy@news.suddenlink.net...

Yes it works. We have the water from Hell. Eats up gaskets, diaphragms in water valves. Plugs up the flushing ring holes on toilets. Plugs up washer inlet hose screens and faucet screens. Corrodes sink faucets so bad the must be ground off with grinder as mounting nuts will not budge. Ruins water heaters, some only last 3 years. Privet water company serves (guessing) maybe 2000 customers. Sends out list required by state water board every year. On list it said if you have an immune problem DO NOT drink the water. How do they get away with this? Eats the paint off of swamp coolers and goes to rust in 2 years. I have taken cooler apart and had it sand blasted and powder coated twice. Went 3 years each time. Has ruined most all of the valves and controls on our hot water heating system. So we use a Osmosis set up for cooking and drinking water. So I bit the bullet and bought one for whole house water and one for the heating system. In service about 60 days. Now toilets flush good, don't have that ring in toilet bowl every day that was hard to clean. It is NOT a water softener, it suspends the minerals in the water so they will not stick to things. They are not inexpensive, easy to install . Now I can have the heating system repaired (replacing all the bad parts). Getting rid of the swamp cooler and putting in refrigerated air conditioner. Our tap water was running 480PPM and now shows 273 PPM. The osmosis water is Zero PPM. I have no interest in the company and I also thought "snake oil" . But with their 90 day trial with full money back if not happy I thought I would try it. WW

Reply to
WW