Easy way to sell a house

Page 1 of 3
When shopping for a home, my wife and I noticed a deficit in the real estate industry. We liked to drive around in the neighborhoods we found attractive and look for houses that were for sale. We'd make many phone calls trying to get information about the houses we liked. Most of the time we'd learn that the house didn't fit us for one reason or another. We were driving our agent nuts calling her all the time and disrupting her day, usually on the weekend. If only there were an easier way for us to get general information about a house before we called.
So, I created Steve Bell Properties. I send out a sign to my clients which lists my website and a unique ID number for that house. I create a link correlating that ID number to the web page already created by the seller's agent. This will send shoppers straight to information about the house and how to contact the listing agent. By providing this information the agent will receive much more productive calls and have less wasted time. The ease of finding this information will make shoppers happier. Knowing that people will be able to find information about their house will inspire more sellers to list with agents using my service. Everybody makes more money. Everybody finds what they want. Everybody wins!
Please take a moment to look at www.stevebellproperties.com, I'd love to hear what you think.
Thanks,
Steve Bell
snipped-for-privacy@stevebellproperties.com
On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 21:06:39 GMT, "fratedriver"

in the metro DC area, it's almost a waste of time to even put up a For Sale sign. Houses sell in 2 or 3 days, usually for much more than the asking price.
Interesting idea though.
fratedriver wrote:

Okay. You're pos, spamming a new group.
You're welcome.

What is the big deal? Every realtor has links to houses listed on their own as well as the MLB. Saves a lot of aimless driving around. I think you are behind the times here.
The whole point here is that the general public can't access these listings. If you saw a house that you liked and wanted more information you wouldn't be able to find that house on the internet unless you knew the MLS number. You can't get that until you call the agent. I'm trying to make the information easier for everyone.

Sure they can. There may be a house or two not listed yet, but you can search by town, by price range, by number of bedrooms. You can see photos of the inside and outside. You really have to experiment a little and find that this information has been available for a long time already.
On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 22:49:52 +0000, fratedriver wrote:

You are sadly lacking in current information. What you are talking about is commonly available, and has been for YEARS. Wake up dude.
Linux Registered User #327951
When you look at the front of a house from the road the only information you have available is the phone number to the agent's company. The only way you can find THAT house on the web is to do a search based on price or amenity and hope for the best. No website that I've found offers a search based on street address. All I'm offering is a sign with an easy to follow link to THAT property. I'm not doing a search engine. I'm not trying to offer a new concept. I'm providing a service.
If anybody knows a quick way to find information for the house located at: 4080 RELIANT CIRCLE OWENSBORO, KY 42301
without contacting an agent, I'd like to see it.
Or, you can look at www.stevebellproperties # 5 and there it is.
When you drove by the house you'd see both the realtor's sign and mine giving you the information I just gave you. Now you know exactly how many bedrooms it has as well as the price.
Without the information I provided, you'd have to call the agent or maybe you'd get lucky on a realtor search.
I just search on address or neighborhood and find it quickly.
I think you have found a fix for a problem that has long been solved.
www.realtor.com has the houses easily to find.

There is no way to search for address, only by zip code or city. What are you gonna do, browse thru hundreds of listings at that point?

Not really. Have you not learned how to narrow a search yet? Most web pages offer that feature.

I have a thought. Since you apparently are computer illiterate, why don't you call an agent and ask them how to browse their site.

Don't need to call the agent, and certainly don't need your input. It's all right there on the net.
However it's your time and money to waste. If you want to try doing what you propose, go right ahead. Just don't quit your day job.

You mean this house ?
http://owensboromls.org/quickresults.lasso
I am not even in the real estate business. Took about 2 minuits to find it and I am in North Carolina.

Yes, I know the information is all over the web. The problem is that the general public can't access it except thru a search engine. Say you saw a realtor sign on a house down the street. Would you be able to find that house on the realtor's site without calling them first???

ever go to www.realtor.com ??????????? Ever try the realtor's own site? Surely, you must be very new at this if you cannot find the information you want, usually from multiple sources.
I think this guy is onto something. It got me to thinking.....
What if I contact large metropolitan newspapers and got them to post a lot of their articles on the web?
It would save people the hassle of going down to the local newstand to pick up their daily paper...
It would save people from having to put paperboxes outside their house (or from paying delivery people)...
It would save peopel from other cities having to fly to the city that they are looking for information on....
The savings are ENDLESS!!!!!!!!!
(Please don't nobody steal my idea).... (I said please!)

How are you going to hold your computer while you take a crap?
I'll keep my newspaper, thanks.

http://www.century21tc.com /