Easy Water Product

Looks good to me.

The company has a A+ rating with the BBB. Approximately 1 complaint a year, and all resolved.

They have a 90-day satisfaction-guaranteed offer along with a 3-year warranty.

I find the patent (6325942) credible. It says water molecules, being polar, join around the metal ions and keep them from contacting each other. If you can bust up the cells of water, the ions will bump each other, join, and no longer be "sticky."

I know that principle works because chlorine bleach or peroxide bleach can last months in the bottle as long as the water keeps the bleach particles from colliding. If they collide, the chlorine bleach ions turn into salt and water, while the peroxide bleach ions turn into oxygen gas and water. Your bleach went flat.

The patent says the invention agitates the water molecules with a magnetic field at the resonant frequency of water molecules. I know that works because a cup of water gets hot in a microwave oven.

If I had hard water, maybe I'd fill two bowls. I'd make soap lather with the first bowl. I'd put the other bowl in the microwave a few seconds, then see if soap lathered better.

Reply to
J Burns

Some years back I was visiting a "friend" that had a couple of deionizers or something like that. It looked PVC drain pipe with a couple end caps with a line cord disappearing into a hole in the side.

I popped the cap off to find the cord simply knotted to keep it from being puled out. There was nothing else in there.

She was quite angry at me for opening it up as she was warned against doing that. The fact that there was nothing in there mattered not.

So, the moral of the story is that sometimes you just have to be believe. And be taken...

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Thies

I'm still not CONvinced.

The web site lacks papers for us commoners? Last I looked my utility company removed this gadget from it's web site. I'll stay with my proven water softener.

Reply to
Oren

cut I amazes me that that firm has not been sued for a couple of millions. The whole process is pure bullshit. Agitating molecules magnetically will not change anything in the water, and the only result is emptying your wallet. It belongs in one group together with rabbit foots, shiny stones to cure you, and astrology. Maybe you can earn some money by sueing them. Then the divice would provide you with something at least.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

As of three years ago, the factory employed 200. Only 4 customers have complained to the BBS. Only one of those complaints took issue with advertising claims. All complaints were resolved.

Agitating water molecules with heat is known to cause minerals to precipitate. That's why water heaters have taps at the bottom.

Several scientific papers in the 1980s said magnetic fields could also cause minerals suspended in hard water to precipitate. Evidently the devices marketed in the 80s did not implement the discovery successfully.

Reply to
J Burns