Easy Water Product

Page 1 of 2
Does anyone know about or had any experience with the Easy Water electronic device for hard water? Does it really work and does it perform the same as a standard water softener? Thanks.
Does anyone know about or had any experience with the Easy Water electronic device for hard water? Does it really work and does it perform the same as a standard water softener? Thanks.
Does anyone know about or had any experience with the Easy Water electronic device for hard water? Does it really work and does it perform the same as a standard water softener? Thanks.
On 11/27/10 8:55 AM, John wrote:

Looks good to me.
The company has a A+ rating with the BBB. Approximately 1 complaint a year, and all resolved.
They have a 90-day satisfaction-guaranteed offer along with a 3-year warranty.
I find the patent (6325942) credible. It says water molecules, being polar, join around the metal ions and keep them from contacting each other. If you can bust up the cells of water, the ions will bump each other, join, and no longer be "sticky."
I know that principle works because chlorine bleach or peroxide bleach can last months in the bottle as long as the water keeps the bleach particles from colliding. If they collide, the chlorine bleach ions turn into salt and water, while the peroxide bleach ions turn into oxygen gas and water. Your bleach went flat.
The patent says the invention agitates the water molecules with a magnetic field at the resonant frequency of water molecules. I know that works because a cup of water gets hot in a microwave oven.
If I had hard water, maybe I'd fill two bowls. I'd make soap lather with the first bowl. I'd put the other bowl in the microwave a few seconds, then see if soap lathered better.

I'm still not CONvinced.
The web site lacks papers for us commoners? Last I looked my utility company removed this gadget from it's web site. I'll stay with my proven water softener.
J Burns wrote:

cut I amazes me that that firm has not been sued for a couple of millions. The whole process is pure bullshit. Agitating molecules magnetically will not change anything in the water, and the only result is emptying your wallet. It belongs in one group together with rabbit foots, shiny stones to cure you, and astrology. Maybe you can earn some money by sueing them. Then the divice would provide you with something at least.
On 11/28/10 8:15 PM, Sjouke Burry wrote:

As of three years ago, the factory employed 200. Only 4 customers have complained to the BBS. Only one of those complaints took issue with advertising claims. All complaints were resolved.

Agitating water molecules with heat is known to cause minerals to precipitate. That's why water heaters have taps at the bottom.
Several scientific papers in the 1980s said magnetic fields could also cause minerals suspended in hard water to precipitate. Evidently the devices marketed in the 80s did not implement the discovery successfully.

They have impresssive supposed customer list.

Sigh. Radio people are *paid* to make snake oil sound good. There are only two ways to soften water - ion exchange and reverse osmosis. Easy Water is neither.
On 11/27/2010 11:39 AM, Robert Neville wrote:

I agree. I'm a chemist and it takes chemistry to soften water. This device does not do it. One of these days, I expect the government to come down on them.

Well, physics can do it too (distillation). ;-)
On 11/27/2010 12:09 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Distillation counts as chemistry as does reverse osmosis.

Nope. No chemistry involved in either; no bonds change hands, rather purely physical phenomenon.
On 11/27/2010 1:33 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

The chemical part is separating the crap from the water. Some might believe Easy Water actually works by changing the particles in the water. Personally, I don't care as I've given up trying to teach stupid people. I do get bothered that someone like Hannity, who I listen to, pushes this fraud.

But the "crap" is not bonded to the water so there are no bonds are broken (or made), therefore no chemistry involved. It's a purely physical separation, i.e. physics. You've clearly answered that you're beyond education like all leftists.
On Nov 27, 12:01pm, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

== Always the leftists eh?...those damned leftists...bane to the friggin rightists....gives 'em ulcers and dyspepsia.
==

Perhaps you shouldn't have wasted your money on that remedial reading correspondence course.
On 11/27/2010 2:01 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

You don't know me, Numbnuts.

You've demonstrated that you're uneducable. I now know that much.
On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 13:41:38 -0500, Frank

A wise move.