Easy to use gutter sealer?

Is there something easier to use than butyl caulk for sealing gutters seams?

Bob

Reply to
Robertm

I use polyurethane caulk, butyl caulk, or pure silicone (non-paintable) seal. They are all equally easy, in my experience. Just wear rubber gloves, as all these caulks are hell to get off hands. Also, have a rag and a putty knife for cramming the stuff into cracks and seams, and doing clean-up. Get the high quality cartridge guns to apply the caulk, as they work much better than the $1.99 ones.

Reply to
Roger Taylor

I used silicone sealant. Worked really well. Makes the hands a mess.

Splinter

Reply to
splinter