Easy stupid question!

Hows the main water plumbed into my house? I thought it would go straight in from the cut off to the water heater and I think thats probably it...but I'm relocating my h20 heater and h20 softener and noticed that before the supply line comes out of the slab theres a capped stub about 6 inches down....

whats that? just a mistake maybe? this side of the house i think was improvised when they made a modification when it was built...

I was going to use cvpc and go straight out that wall and put a new cut off valve on, but am I missing something? it is supposed to just come straight in to the h20 heater right? (or in my case h20 softener first)

thanks, shawn

Reply to
shawn

We can only guess, but my guess would be that was an old supply that when bad and was replaced.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Usually when the water is brought into a house, it begins with a hose bibb for outside access and draining the system - and then branches off to each fixture - regardless of the water heater location. The capped off stub out you see may have been done at construction for a temporary water source.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

Yes thanks you were both right on the stub and faucet...i capped the line in and that was the only faucet that would work.

thanks, shawn

Reply to
shawn