Easy-install wall hooks: where to get?

A couple years ago one of my customers (handyman) had me hang a mirror in her home, and gave me a type of hook I'd never seen before. Amazingly simple and effective: it was a large curved piece of hardened steel wire with a sharp point at one end and a hook at the other. One simply jammed it into a wall (drywall, not old-style plaster), pushed it through, and voila! a strong hook ready to hang stuff on.

I remember she said she got it at Home Despot, I think. Thing is, I've looked for these hooks since and have never seen them anywhere. They might have been advertised on TV as well. Had a catchy name like "Super Hooks", "Mega Hooks" or some such.

Anyone seen these? Know where to get them? I'd like to have a supply on hand. For simple tasks like hanging anything heavier than a picture on a wall, they're the best I've seen.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Magic Hook??

Oren

That obnoxious Billy Mays shills these things on TV.

Reply to
Woodie

And like everything he sells it is over priced and over promised.

Reply to
jmeehan

Lee Valley sells them to. See here;

Doug Brown

Except for the fact that there's a solid customer testimonial 2 sentences prior to your statement about the hook's performance being over promised ;-o

Reply to
Abe

Lee Valley has them. search for monkey hooks.

Paul Franklin

Mays is obnoxious... happy customers notwithstanding.

Reply to
Woodie

You could checkout my favorite toy store:

They stock them as Monkey Hook:

I thought I also saw them at Lowe's and or Home Depot but Harbor Freight usually has lower prices.

[8~{} Uncle Monster
Reply to
Uncle Monster

snipped-for-privacy@gmx.com (Woodie)

Mays is obnoxious... happy customers notwithstanding.

And now we have the promo's for that 'eureka' program that parody mays...WTF?? He's a parody of himself I don't need any more like him...

Does he think everyone is hard of hearing like he is..

Reply to
in2-dadark

Walgreen Drug Store has them on the "AS seen on TV" section.

Reply to
Chuck