earwigs

any non toxic way to trap or kill these bastards? cj

population.

Hmmm.
To the original poster - you probably will get more help on alt.consumers.pest-control.
Cheers, Banty

:>
:>> any non toxic way to trap or kill these bastards? :>> cj:>> :>Spiders A couple of giant house spiders would probably decimate the :>population. :> :> : :Hmmm. : :To the original poster - you probably will get more help on :alt.consumers.pest-control. : :Cheers, :Banty
I haven't done it but have read that putting out a rolled wet newspaper or such will attract them en-mass.
They breed like mad in my compost pile and have never thought it possible to do anything about that. I just hope to keep them off my seedlings (tomatoes and squash, for the most part). For that I dust with diazinon when the plants are very small and stop once they get going. Yes, you asked for a non-toxic method, but I haven't determined one that's practical for me.
Dan

You want a non toxic way to eliminate these, sure eliminate the moisture source they are seeking and you will eliminate the earwigs. It is as easy as that. They are after a moisture source somewhere around your home and if you eliminate it you will get rid of the crawlies. The only problem is the moisture source may be under your home and if it is on a slab then you may not be able to get to it, but if all is well and you can find it get rid of it and you will be in business 100% non toxic, so how's that for an answer from a Pest Control Operator, and people think all we do is spray chemicals for everything, well that isn't always the case.
Good luck and keep us posted about your progress and or success if you will.
--
I wish you all the best
Tim Wise

Earwigs were a problem, then I got some chickens for the back yard. Didn't see a single earwig the entire time I had them. The also chased down mice, and everything inbetween size-wize.
Provided fresh eggs a benefit.
-- Silly sig to prevent isp ad