Earthworms

Page 1 of 2
Anyone intentionally produce earthworms in their garden or flower beds? I want to start a bunch for fishing, and was just wondering.
Steve

http://unclejimswormfarm.com/index.php/202-raising-worms-to-use-as-live-fishing-bait.html

Dig a hole, not removiing any earth, jes turn it. Begin emptying things like coffee grounds, egg shells, apple peels, etc. Basically the stuff you'd usually put down the sink diposal. Keep turning the earth once or twice a month or after a layer of wet garbage builds up. You'll get worms. To get 'em out for fishing, heavily soak the dirt overnight. The worms will rise by morning. Or, put an electric worm rod in the ground. That'll get 'em up and out tout de suite, or at least as fast as worms can go.
nb
--
Definition of objectivism:
"Eff you! I got mine."
notbob wrote:

Paintbrush. Container of bleach. Dip brush in bleach and fling on the ground.
Earthworms come bubbling up by the hundreds (well, dozens).
For fishing, I'd get a breeding stock of some of the humongous worms. Introduce them to an organic rich environment, and wait 'til they had baby worms.

How do worms reproduce?

Please! This is a family group.

We would go down to the park or golf coarse jes before dawn after a night when they'd run the sprinler system and collect night crawlers on the surface. Had no special name for it other than "gettin' some worms".
nb
--
Definition of objectivism:
"Eff you! I got mine."

How much dirt is there in a hole that measures 1' x 1' x1'?

actually- *none* of it.<g>
Jim
On 09/06/2012 06:28 PM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

"all" can be represented as the number 1 (100%). The amount of dirt in a hole by 0 (none). Therefore, "all the dirt in the hole" is 1 * 0.
"All of it" = 0.
Both "all of it" and "none" are correct answers.

"All of it" is not a correct answer if left by itself.
Multiplying anything by 0 will equal 0 but who (in their right mind) would answer a "how many" or "how much" or "how often" question by choosing some random amount and then multiplying it by 0 to get "None"?
Bottom line: There is no dirt in a hole.
Now, does anyone know why I responded to notbob's suggestion with that question?
On Fri, 7 Sep 2012 10:32:39 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

There may be dirt in the bottom. But there is certainly no dirt in a line.

Hole:
1. A hollowed place in something solid; a cavity or pit
Hollow:
3. A void; an emptiness
The dirt at the bottom is not in the hole any more than the dirt on the sides is.

The hole is in the dirt, not the other way around.

Nope. The dirt on top *was* where the hole is now, but it's not anymore.

'cuz not bob suggested:
"Dig a hole, not removiing any earth"
If you don't remove the dirt, you haven't dug a hole.

Chrystonacrutch!! You fsckin' morons are gonna flog this to death, arntchya?
nb
--
Definition of objectivism:
"Eff you! I got mine."

Yep. Why should this thread be any different than so many others?

Is WD40 a lubricant?

Subtle point, but correct.
Allow me to rephrase my statement...
If you don't remove the dirt, you haven't created a hole.

No dirt came out of the hole in my shirt either. No dirt came out of the hole in the bread I just baked. No dirt came out of the hole I drilled in that board.
Of course, those holes are no more relevant to this discussion than the hole in the ozone.