EARTHQUAKE

Page 1 of 6
At 6:41AM PST a shaker hit the Lake Elsonore area. It was strong enough to wake up the 'hood, but noone got out of bed. <yawn>
On 1/6/2016 9:53 AM, Eagle wrote:

Your reading audience is all over USA, Canada, and some countries east of Atlantic Ocean. Perhaps some more information is in order. What state and nation, please?
Hope no one was injured, and damage was small.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Sorry 'bout that. Since I am in So. Cal. I assume everyone here knows that. Afterall, I was #8 in the post parade, no? :D
It was a 4.5 on the richter scale, and it was located about 4 miles north-northwest of Banning, 6 miles northeast of Beaumont and 9 miles east-southeast of Yucaipa, Southern California. No one was injured.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgROiDoOrj0

There you go Stormy...more better?
Uncle Monster expressed precisely :

Yeah...
Uncle Monster formulated on Wednesday :

It's "C10" moonstar... ^^
Uncle Monster brought next idea :

Did you write this post Uncle M?
On Thu, 07 Jan 2016 08:55:53 -0800

LOL!! Big time computer guru can't even read headers.
Uncle Monster expressed precisely :

<G> I had to look up "Autochthonous". I guess that makes Me born and bred on Turtle Island, Eh? ^^

Thats it. This thread is going into the Kill File now!
On 1/6/2016 12:23 PM, Eagle wrote:

You probably have them all the time.
I missed our last one in DE as I was riding in the car at the time and vibrations did not come through.
Maybe 40 years ago I woke up to what sounded like a big truck driving down the street to go back to sleep and read in next day's paper that we had an earthquake.
Frank has brought this to us :

We have had a few bumps in the night lately that are most likely small quakes, but they are no big deal and not reported on local news.

Lost your google? He said "Lake Elsonore". How much more precise can you get?
--
I don't care what they say, I don't think "phone sex" is any fun at all, unless you happen to be in the same booth with her.

On 1/6/2016 1:03 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Yes, I set down my google last week, not been able to find it since.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

I hate it when that happens.
On 1/6/2016 3:09 PM, Eagle wrote:

I don't remember names very well. And neither locations, I guess. Southern Cal. Thanks, I'll try and remember. Might need to remind me a couple more times, my friend Elmer.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

OK...Stormy... :D
On 1/6/2016 5:29 PM, Eagle wrote:

Thanks, Elmer. I'm working on learning names.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Stormin Mormon wrote :

Is that My new nym now Stormy? :')
On 1/6/2016 7:53 AM, Eagle wrote:

(sigh) I suppose I will have to move to Calif sometime before dying just so I can experience one! We had a mild tremor here a year or two ago (epicenter on AZ/NM border) and it was just barely perceptible ("Hmmm... why is my monitor shaking?")
Would also like to try a hurricane -- but NOT a tornado! :<
Don Y wrote :

Everyone in the mid west think earthquakes are the reason they will never go to So. Cal. but I think the tornadoes the mid west have to deal with is way more destructive than the earthquakes we get here in Southern California. That's not to say earthquakes aren't destructive or scarry, they most certainly are, but the damage from earthquakes compared to tornado damage or cyclone [hurricane] damage is small. Yes, there have been some real nasty shakers here in the past like the Loma Prieta quake in 1989.
http://www.history.com/topics/1989-san-francisco-earthquake
I was watching the world series game in Oakland California when it hit. That shut down the game, and among other damage, destroyed the Nimitz Freeway (Interstate 880), just south of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge.
Then there was the big one that hit Los Angeles in 1994; "On this day in 1994, an earthquake rocks Los Angeles, California, killing 54 people and causing billions of dollars in damages. The Northridge quake (named after the San Fernando Valley community near the epicenter) was one of the most damaging in U.S. history."
We are waiting for "The Big One" to hit here still... http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/earthquake-rocks-los-angeles