Earphones won't stay in my ears

What is with these earphones with small mp3 players? They have some big round piece that's too big. I can't use them. All I know is that we used to be able to have the earphones in the ear canal and now everything is made with these big, stupid bud things that fall off. Do most people have some giant elephant ears. How do you get them to stay on/in the ear?

Reply to
RobertPatrick

Duct Tape

[8~{} Uncle Monster
Reply to
Uncle Monster

Yes, back in the late 70's or maybe early 80's there was a mandate of some sort that took the air tight in the ear design off the market. Where have you been?

This type of design easily has the ability to reproduce sound more accurately, especially bass but also became potentially dangerous. The same properties that made it so effective also gave it the ability to reproduce dangerous sound levels, hence the mandate.

Reply to
tnom

Back in the early 80's this kid worked for me who had some fully enclosed earphones, he listened to his music so loud that I could hear it clearly when he opened his mouth. *snicker*

[8~{} Uncle Monster
Reply to
Uncle Monster

Could be the ear wax problem. I jog alot and wear the headset / mp3. I find that the Gel brand stays in well.

Reply to
jim

They have earphones that loop around the ear and hold it in place.

I had the same problem you did. I'm not sure why they even bother to provide ear phones with mp3 players. Most of them are useless.

Reply to
in2-dadark

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news:4325-48D8D00B-1659@storefull-

3272.bay.webtv.net:

Yeah, this is the first time in many years to need to use them. Going to use MP3 player in the office. I looked around the house and found a nice pair of earphones. They are worn around the head and have foam covering each ear piece. They don't go into the ear, just rest next to the ear. I like that type of headband earphone the best. Thanks for the replies. Got a kick out of some of them.

Reply to
RobertPatrick

Having suffered the same problem as you, I finally bought in-the-ear-canal phones, specifically Creative brand, model EP-630. They came with three sets (different sizes) of rubber things that fit over the ear piece and slip into your ear canal. Shopping online, I paid $21.99. I imagine they are potentially dangerous attached to a high-output sound source, but none of my mp3 players puts out enough volume to worry about. The in-the-ear feature makes them loud enough, especially since they block ambient noise such as aircraft engines. Now I just need to find where to buy replacement rubber things, since sooner or later they will predictably be (a) lost or (b) too grungy to use. Paul

Reply to
Paul MR

In the near future, they will have the MP3 player surgically inserted in a persons skull. It will contain 5 billion songs and the batteries will last one full year. At the end of the year, the user will require another surgery to replace the batteries. It won't be long until a complete computer, mp3 player, cellphone, and game machine will be implanted inside the skull and everyone's thoughts will be recorded on their internal hard drive and accessible to anyone on the internet. The good thing is that no one will require schooling any more. The computer will be programmed to each individual and the information fed directly to their brain while they sleep. All schools and colleges will be closed, saving taxpayers large amounts of money.

Reply to
thomas3nickle

[snip]

Because of the built-in security features, the implant is completely harmless...

One day you wake up because the phone is ringing. Instead of your usual "hello" you say "I use AT&T and vote Republican! Praise GOD!!!". This seems perfectly normal.

Reply to
Harry L

RobertPatrick wrote in news:009593a8$0$18071$ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

Well duct tape of course you fool! :-)

Also, if you have pierced ears, you can use tie wraps.

Reply to
Red Green

On Thu 06 Nov 2008 10:27:23p, Red Green told us...

I always thought superglue worked well on skin, especially if you?re a constant listener.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

In case you listen to some sort of high powered rock such as Heavy Metal, you should not put the earphones in your ears. Instead, you place the earphone inside your penis. The beat of the music will make your penis go from soft to erect according to the beat of the bass drum. Women will love the effect and you'll hear the music better then ever.

Reply to
lakeside77