Early 1970's Radar Range

Page 2 of 2

Oh well. I usually don't replace something unless it's broken. I can see I'm in the minority around here, so we won't even discuss the fact that I also listen to Steppenwolf records on my hi-fi. Bryan
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Our company got a call a few years ago from one of the two rights-management companies that monitor usage of music in business. She wanted $360 per year in royalties for our music on hold service.
I put her on hold.
A minute later, I asked: "Do you recognize the music?"
"No," she replied.
"It's Mozart and it's being played by the Soviet National Symphony, a country that no longer exists. So, tell me, just who would you be paying the royalties TO?"
She said: "Never mind," and hung up.

Those licensing people are crooks. A bar owner I know showed me what she has to pay to ASCAP because she has karioke twice a week. Right. Like the companies that sell the karioke disks haven't already paid ASCAP.....
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Does she realize that "Happy Birthday" is still under copyright and that she is liable for a royalty payment every time her waiters bring a muffin with a candle and break into song?
In her case, you might suggest karaoke based on 18th century opera. That will surely draw a crowd.
On Feb 9, 5:18 pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Tri-groove
http://www.lara.com/store/driveimages/bt-tg-300.jpg
http://www.lara.com/reviews/screwtypes.htm#trigroove
But, just because you can, doesn't mean you necessarily should.
Dave
On 9 Feb 2007 14:18:38 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

It's called a Y-bit driver.
http://www.appliancepartscompany.com/maytag/epal/images/tag/R0193574_p.jpg
Or a Avdel manual driver.
http://www.appliancepartscompany.com/maytag/epal/images/tag/R0193556_p.jpg
They can be found here:
http://www.appliancepartscompany.com/maytag/TAGtools.html
On 9 Feb 2007 14:18:38 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I inherited one once and it lasted in total probably about 30 years or so and I was amazed how long it lasted. I really felt bad to abandon it. I chose to buy a new microwave because I thought after 30 years, the technology likely improved somewhat. And I also felt, if one part fails, probably another would soon after and I didn't want to put too much money in a 30 year old unit. I wasn't too concerned about safety at that point because I would have asked to have it checked for safety issues at the same time. The Amana was a nice microwave but heavy.
UPDATE ON MY OLD RADARANGE:
I managed to get the old screws out and have installed the new rubber seal along with the clean mica-glass and everything else to ensure a nice clean and snug fit. After reassembling the door and turning on the Radarange, I used an Amprobe "microwave leakage detector" borrowed from a friend. I honestly expected find a small leak (at the very least). But there were none! I guess the only thing left to do now is to make myself a bag of popcorn. Maybe after I shine all the chrome on this baby! Bryan