Early 1970's Radar Range

They DO have the ability to cook your eyeballs.

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

well in the case of the old fan not built to todays standards fingers can get easily cut of by the rotating blade, large openings BIG poweerful motor.

Have a friend who liked antique lamps, and antiques in general. again not built to todays standards fall over easily.

well cat knocked over lamp caused home fire oing 135K in damages just to the structure. They had no insurance on contents or living expenses during reconstruction:(

Todays stuff is built cheap and probably made in china but safety wise its better.

Your fan was a excllent example.

I like old stuff too, and do garbage pick from time to time. but one needs to be aware of the hazards

Reply to
hallerb

Our company got a call a few years ago from one of the two rights-management companies that monitor usage of music in business. She wanted $360 per year in royalties for our music on hold service.

I put her on hold.

A minute later, I asked: "Do you recognize the music?"

"No," she replied.

"It's Mozart and it's being played by the Soviet National Symphony, a country that no longer exists. So, tell me, just who would you be paying the royalties TO?"

She said: "Never mind," and hung up.

Reply to
HeyBub

Those licensing people are crooks. A bar owner I know showed me what she has to pay to ASCAP because she has karioke twice a week. Right. Like the companies that sell the karioke disks haven't already paid ASCAP.....

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Does she realize that "Happy Birthday" is still under copyright and that she is liable for a royalty payment every time her waiters bring a muffin with a candle and break into song?

In her case, you might suggest karaoke based on 18th century opera. That will surely draw a crowd.

Reply to
HeyBub

They often are. Ours is built into a large copper hood over the oven. When we had to replace it a few years ago there were at least a dozen models from various manufacturers to choose from so someone is building them in. They are not a rarity.

Reply to
krw

I inherited one once and it lasted in total probably about 30 years or so and I was amazed how long it lasted. I really felt bad to abandon it. I chose to buy a new microwave because I thought after 30 years, the technology likely improved somewhat. And I also felt, if one part fails, probably another would soon after and I didn't want to put too much money in a 30 year old unit. I wasn't too concerned about safety at that point because I would have asked to have it checked for safety issues at the same time. The Amana was a nice microwave but heavy.

Reply to
doug

UPDATE ON MY OLD RADARANGE:

I managed to get the old screws out and have installed the new rubber seal along with the clean mica-glass and everything else to ensure a nice clean and snug fit. After reassembling the door and turning on the Radarange, I used an Amprobe "microwave leakage detector" borrowed from a friend. I honestly expected find a small leak (at the very least). But there were none! I guess the only thing left to do now is to make myself a bag of popcorn. Maybe after I shine all the chrome on this baby! Bryan

Reply to
Totalrod2