Dyson Vacuum cleaner - Motor Compatability between models ??

Hi, We have a Dyson DC02 vacuum cleaner with a burnt-out motor. I have the opportunity of buying a USED example of one of the later models, the DC05 (which is in a bad shape but with a good motor) for next to nothing.
Looking at the pictures of the DC02 and DC05 motors, htttp://www.sparesrus.biz/ol-catlg/dyson-motor-01.htm the motors look almost identical and they are from the same supplier, I suspect the difference is in the electrical terminations: It may be possiblke to fit the DC05 motor in the DC02.
Has anyone tried this??
Thanks in advance
Steve Harvey steveharvey [at] dsl [dot] pipex [dot] com