Dyson Vacumm Opinions

I"ve been using Hoover Self-propelled beater brush uprights for years and years. Seem to clean ok and CR has always rated them as high as anything else including Dyson. In fact, last time I looked, some years ago, the Dyson didn't rate all that high.
There's been an ad running on TV a lot lately about a Dyson DC-41 that claims it has "twice" the suction. Has anyone got any long term experience with the Dyson's compared to the Hoovers? Which did you like the best?
On 11/26/2013 4:23 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

Why do you need twice the suction? Biggest problem I have with vacuum cleaners is keeping them from sucking the rug off the floor and trying to wind it around the brush.
Ashton Crusher wrote:

Hi, My daughter has two of them one in city home and one in the country side. IMO, it's performance is better but the higher price is just for that improved performance. We have built-in vacuum with several handy accessories.

It's a proven fact, all vacuums suck!

The good ones more so than the not so good ones.
On 11/29/2013 7:50 PM, George wrote:

Nah, the married ones don't
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Hmmm Is there a virgin vacuum?