Dyson DC 14 Animal vacumn

Thinking about buying a new vacumn, anyone useing the Dyson DC 14 Animal?
Thanks Tom
twfsa wrote:

I've got one and I'm pretty happy with it. As it turns out, I have a shaggy dog that suffers in the heat, so she gets frequent haircuts. The Dyson sucks the hair up off the floor like there's no challenge to it. Dumping the debris is very easy.
The negatives are the expanding hose is maybe a little too stiff and I don't care for either the accessories or the documentation. I got a couple of things with the vacuum I can't figure out how to use. The documentation uses European style drawings to indicate their use; I wish they'd just spell it out in English. Those "universal" drawings are universally indecipherable. Oh, yeah... the color is kind of ugly, too.
Would I buy another? In a heartbeat. I've vacuumed with my old Hoover Wind Tunnel, then followed it up with the Dyson and had the Dyson find lots of stuff to bring up. It's a great vacuum. The Hoover got relegated to the garage.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

If you go to amazon.com & do a search, you will find a lot of positive responses

Earle Bailey1 wrote:

Even tried the Flour test with it and it passed with flying colors. Actually we have the older DC17 Animal, had it for about two years.
If you are not aware of the Flour test, put 1 cup of flour on a hard surface floor and run your vacuum across it while you observe the output air stream. Many vacuums bleed the flour back into the room, some with fairly substantial amounts blowing into the room.
Now most vacuums that advertise HEPA filtration will pass this test with flying colors. We owned a Kirby for 20+ years, and this one only needs a belt to get it going again. However, the Dyson cleans hard surfaces and floors far better than the Kirby. We're getting significant amounts of sand and dirt out of the carpet with each pass, dirt and sand that has accumulated since this carpet was installed 10 years ago, dirt and sand that the Kirby left in the carpet.
I belong to a dog email group and the members there universally praise the Dyson's cleaning ability. BTW, I notice Overstock.com has some for a pretty good price. I think someone once mentioned to me that Bed, Bath, and Beyond also carries them, and they routinely circulate 20% off coupons (which, incidentially, BB&B will honor at any time, despite the expiration dates shown on them).
Jo Ann
Robert Gammon wrote:

Dont even consider buying one until you learn how to spell Vacuum correctly !!!!
Learn how to spell Don't asshole!
Tom

vacume vaccuem vackume vakkuem vacyoume
Creative spelling. That's the first time I've seen the "vac-" word with a silent 'n'.