Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

Page 7 of 16
dsi1 wrote:

Your gears were stripped long ago, and your clutch is slipping.

I expect horse wagon drivers said much the same thing once upon a time when ICE engined trucks appeared.
On 2/25/2013 11:20 PM, harry wrote:

The guys that complain about the deficiencies of the electric car must think that the gas-powered internal combustion engine vehicles sprang up fully developed in the early 20th century. The reality is that it took about 50 years to get it right. Those guys deserve to drive horse carts. :-)
On 2/26/2013 3:35 AM, dsi1 wrote:

They certainly do but the Moonbats who think everyone should have a solar cell, windmill powered vehicle that will take the place of what exists right now deserve a padded cell. ^_^
TDD

This sounds like a good idea. We're gonna need more horse carts and padded cells.

The Daring Dufas wrote:

Only if they can pay for the padding. Otherwise, let them beat their heads against the cast concrete walls. Just hose out the cell when they're finished.
On Feb 26, 2:21 pm, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-du...@stinky- finger.net> wrote:

That's likely to be the only alternatives in a few years.
dsi1 wrote:

You deserve to be harnessed with the other idiots to pull one.
On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 12:53:33 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

What makes you think that the losers would pull even their own weight? They aren't now.
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Use a flamethrower on ther sorry asses.
harry wrote:

No, but they complained that the noisy engines scared their horses.
On 2/25/2013 10:48 AM, dsi1 wrote:

You still don't grok the reality of modern transportation. My favorite small car was my 1967 Renault 10. It had an 1108cc four cylinder liquid cooled rear engine and was a great deal of fun to drive. It weighed 1730lbs and would be a great candidate for a DIY electrical conversion. I could hop in the munchkin mobile and drive it a minimum of 300 miles without refueling but there is no "electric only" car I know of that can accomplish such a feat. To me, time is money and I can't screw around waiting for my transportation to recharge it's batteries when someone calls for my help. I'm actually looking for a small vehicle to zip around in but an electric vehicle would still not be suitable for that purpose. Understand this, I like electric vehicles for the jobs they're capable of doing. They are not a panacea for an energy shortage by any means and if you knew the whole story of the real cost of electric cars, you know that they're not as Green and nonpolluting as you may have been led to believe. O_o
TDD

The Renault 10 was on the same level as a VW Rabbit Diesel. Small quick and easy on the pocket.
All the government regulations have pretty well killed building cars like that. Even the new Fiat 500 is a pig compared to the original.
On 2/25/2013 4:49 PM, Attila Iskander wrote:

The VW Beetle at the time was a much heaver car I think over 2,000lbs and had nowhere near the handling of the little Renault which was actually a four door sedan. It had 4 wheel disk brakes and rack and pinion steering along with independent suspension. Even though it had swing axles in the rear, it had camber straps to keep it from misbehaving. The little car was very comfortable and could be driven long distances without wearing you out. It had a 10 gallon fuel tank behind the back seat but with the tiny 1.1Ltr engine you could get over 300 miles on a fill up. I wound up with a 73 R10 and a 71 R16 which were wonderfully funky small cars. I wish I had a nice R16 right now. ^_^
TDD
On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 17:29:51 -0600, The Daring Dufas

1969 Beetle 1764 lbs Sedan 1852 lbs Convertible
But they got fat The curb weight for a base model 2012 Volkswagen 2.5L Beetle is 2,939 lbs.
On 2/25/2013 9:43 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Well darn, I knew it was heavier than the Renault 10 but I suppose I was thinking of The Super Beetle which was around when I owned the R10. ^_^
TDD

I had a '64 Bug. Two guys could lift the front end and slide it into a tight parking space.
On 02-26-2013 01:55, Vic Smith wrote: > I had a '64 Bug. Two guys could lift the front end and slide it into

Ours was a '61. I removed the front wheel by myself while my sister walked home to get the jack. And I was only in high school.
Four junior high guys lifted the band teacher's bug four feet off the ground and set it on the back porch of the cafeteria where it just barely fit.
--
Wes Groleau

“A miracle is a violation of the laws of nature, and as a

Try again I was tallking of the original VW >> Rabbit<< Which was in the same class as the Renault 10.
On 2/26/2013 8:50 AM, Attila Iskander wrote:

Oh no, I know there's a difference. I know The VW Rabbit wasn't in The U.S. in 1967 which is why I mentioned the VW Beetle but I was off on the weight. Someone pointed out that the Beetle was only a bit heavier than the R10. The R10 is a rear engine, rear drive while I believe the Rabbit is a front engine, front wheel drive? When you write that they're in the same class, would that be the same weight class or mileage class? O_o
TDD