Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

Page 2 of 16
On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 00:20:44 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

Only short ones. The long ones don't get good enough mileage.
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

They get you there a lot faster, though.

Two rungs don't make a route.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Neill Massello) wrote:

GROOOOAAAAAANNNNN! Well played, old boy, well played.
I think this is awful. How awful? Tell you ladder.

Two rungs don't make a route.
On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 16:45:31 -0600, Dean Hoffman

Because they are nuts.

    Or they don't need to do anything useful. -- pyotr filipivich "With Age comes Wisdom. Although more often, Age travels alone."

Because they don't need a long one
On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 09:55:49 -0800 (PST), harry

They buy short ladders because a long one won't fit in the trunk of a Volt.
+1 nominated for best post of the week.
Didn't mention elephants, or Volkswagens, either.

They buy short ladders because a long one won't fit in the trunk of a Volt.
On Feb 25, 9:41 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

So which car will they fit in?
On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 01:33:47 -0800 (PST), harry

I can put a 6 foot step ladder in my Honda Prelude and close the hatch.
These fit with the windows and doors closed
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Packing%20honda.jpg
On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 10:05:47 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I could put a 10' board inside my Voyagers (when I had them, a couple of decades ago).

I was able to carry a 6' step ladder inside my Renault 16 when I had the funky machine 35 years ago. It had a great cargo capacity for a small car. ^_^
TDD

Or they use it indoors?
On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 13:02:13 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"

I have a 12' step ladder I use indoors.

Because a long one won't fit. Unlike the situation being discussed.

They are -all- limited unless you find an open gas station. I quickly became aware of that when driving through the mountains on a motorcycle, and then during the Carter gasoline f**kup.
I was used to having 24-hour gas stations but couldn't find any out in the country away from 24-hour jobs, like hospitals.
Since retiring I hardly go through 5 gallons a month, mostly for grocery shopping. I could use a second cheap vehicle with a 10 mile range as long as it has a good cargo capacity.
On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 18:25:50 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"

It doesn't take much planning to avoid such situations.

The plan is to not get in such situations. ;-)

...and you are how big of a market? You never go on a vacation or anywhere?

It takes foreknowledge of places you've never been before.

Boomer retirees aren't a market?