DW Air Gap Valve

I just moved into a new abode and when the DW is emptying, there is a lot of water flowing out of the air gap value. Is this normal or do I have a problem?
Thanks
Dave Combs wrote:

I don't believe you should have any water flowing out of that valve. How old is the valve? Maybe it is time to replace it.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

The drain after the air gap is clogged. It is doing its job by letting water out of the gap when it has no place to go.
So is it safe to eat off the dishes until I get it fixed?
Thanks