Dustless Drywall Sanders

I am looking for a dustless drywall sander, but have been unable to find reviews of the various products. Does anyone have experience with the Porter Cable 78OO Series?

Thanks

Nicholas Falkoff

Reply to
Nick

Had one of the dustless things that went into a bucket of water to catch the dust.....My opinion get a good box fan put it in the window and sand away the dust less system was such a hassle it wasn't worth the water I put in the container.

YMMV, Rich

Reply to
Rich

Reply to
Jim Wheeler

"dustless" and "sander" don't sound compatible to me. Two words: sponge method

Sincerely, your local anti-drywall-sanding crusader,

-Kevin

Reply to
kevin

Nick, I renevote several houses a year and after trying the dustless units PC and the units sold at Home Depot this is what I've determined.

1) The CP unit leaves more marks than I care for and is heavy and hard to use in tight places. I won't use one again.

2) The unit from HomeDepot that goes on the end of the pole and attaches to a vaccum is O.K., it's lighter to use and I'd use it only if dust in the work area was a real issue. Or if doing just part of a finished house. This also leaves marks and won't do corners very well. You need to make tight small circles to make it work. It's more work than it's worth.

3) I have reverted back to a good comfortable dust mask and pole sander with sand paper. Some of the pro's I talk to have done the same thing. This leaves a much better finish.

Reply to
HotRod