Dust mask - glasses fog up - alternatives?

I insulate homes / businesses with cellulose insulation, which means I work in a cloud of dust. Dust that is thick enough to affect my eyes if I don't wear protection. Problem is, once I work up a sweat, my glasses get fogged up and I can't see anything.
At a wood worker's show, my dad told me about a helmet with a filtered air supply that keeps the dust away from ones face. It was a bit pricey.
Does anyone know of something, like a soft hood with a battery operated blower attached that could do the same thing?
thanks in advance.
Slumlord wrote:

Your question sparked a distant memory...
When I lived where it got cold we used to wipe the inside of windshields with something to prevent/minimize fogging. Trouble is, I can't remember precisely what. I think it was either gycerine or soap.
-- dadiOH ____________________________

RainX
also known as duck piss.
you can also get a 'no fog' cloth for glasses pretty cheaply and i suspect it would work just dandy.
randy

I have the same problem - shoveling snow with glasses is a major pain. Contacts lenses work.

3M Airmate is what I have. A lower cost alternative is mentioned here:
http://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/html/airshield.htm
Note that this is still $255. My unit is about $1k but it's good for toxic gases and poisons ( depending upon the cartridge used ). I use an ammonia/HEPA cartridge.
--
This signature left blank.

Slumlord wrote:

http://www.catcrap.com /
-> I insulate homes / businesses with cellulose insulation, which means I -> work in a cloud of dust. Dust that is thick enough to affect my eyes if -> I don't wear protection. Problem is, once I work up a sweat, my glasses -> get fogged up and I can't see anything. -> -> At a wood worker's show, my dad told me about a helmet with a filtered -> air supply that keeps the dust away from ones face. It was a bit pricey. -> -> Does anyone know of something, like a soft hood with a battery operated -> blower attached that could do the same thing? -> -> -> thanks in advance.
Scuba divers buy something that they apply to the inside of their mask to keep it from fogging. If you have a scuba supply store not far from home, go and ask them about it.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~
Suzie-Q wrote:

Buy? I always just spit into mine :)
--
dadiOH

Try cutting and rubbing a potato against the lens. The potato juice prevents fogging; at least, with scuba masks.
Thunder