Dust from granite top falling into cabinets

I got new cabs and granite counter top a few weeks ago and have dust falling into my drawers directly underneath.
Anyone know what I can do to prevent this. I wiped under as best I could but it seems not to have helped much.
Should this be happening? Seems like some sloppiness in my opinion, or is this common?
Deborah

Take an air hose and blow it out.
Steve
\\

A small vacuum would do the rest.
Steve
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I had the same kind of problem.
Open the cabinets and remove the drawers. You will likely find a series of little "ledges" inside up near the top of the cabinets. Construction and/or demolition debris has probably accumulated on those little ledges and is slowing falling down. Clean them up and the problem should cease.
Yes, it's sloppiness and yes, it's common.
I cannot imagine the new countertop is disintegrating and creating the dust; this is just debris that needs a one-time cleanup.
On 25 Jan 2007 08:10:55 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I think I would vacuum, not wipe. Might effect any wood finishes, with my luck.
tom @ www.MedJobSite.com

It's the inside of the cabinet, in a place you practically have to crawl inside to reach, much less see. Who gives a damn about the finish?
Do both, vacuum first, then wipe.