Dusk to Dawn Photocell LED Bulbs--Anyone see them for sale anywhere?

I have an entrance-way outdoor light that needs to be ceiling mounted. There are no good fixtures available with a photocell and I don't want a motion detector. The Heath/Zenith SL-4300 is apparently settable for photocell only (no motion) but the unit gets poor reviews and I'd need four dimmable candelabra bulbs adding another $28 or so to the cost.
I put up a plain porcelain socket, and stuck in a Philips dusk to dawn CFL bulb <http://www.homedepot.com/p/Philips-60W-Equivalent-Soft-White-Spiral-Dusk-Till-Dawn-CFL-Light-Bulb-E-405852/100671110>. It works, but I'd really prefer an LED version such as the ones at <http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/led-dusk-to-dawn-sensor-light-bulbs.html . But I can't find these in any store or at any online seller.
The vertical clearance is such that one of those photocell adapters adds too much drop; the photocell needs to be built into the bulb like the Philips CFL bulb.
Has anyone seen an LED version of something like the Philips dusk to dawn bulb for sale?

What is wrong with the CFL, may I ask? Is it a matter of looks? According to the link it will last longer than an LED. LEDs claim 25 years, but that is based on three hours of use per day. A dusk-to-dawn light will average 12 per day, so an LED will only last 6.25 years. And will be getting dimmer as the years progress. That CFL one claims seven years.

The cfl says 3 hours per day. How? 2 years 12 hours per day. I used to have an outside one on for 24/7 got about a year an a half. That thing got hot in the sun.
Greg
On 12/19/2015 7:38 PM, Don Wiss wrote:

Yes, it's looks.
A pancake style LED without the photocell would also work since then a separate photocell socket would not lower the bulb too far, i.e. <http://www.maxlite.com/datasheet/17w-pancake-lamp .

I dont understand this thread, (but have not read all of it).
Anyhow, you can buy a photocell that attches to any electrical box. Just screw it into any hole on the box, and wire it as the instructions tell you. Problem solved!
On Mon, 21 Dec 2015 15:49:49 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

What I did was to buy these and set the sunset and sunrise:
Intermatic ST01C White Self Adjusting Wall Switch Timer (Amazon.com product link shortened)
You do have to replace the battery every few years. I see a newer one listed. I don't know what has changed. And I see a Honeywell one that is a better seller.
On 12/21/2015 1:49 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

Yes, you do not understand the thread.

There is no electrical box. Well there is, it is recessed into the ceiling of a porch. The vertical height is only 7 feet so the fixture needs to be pretty low profile.
In the past, I bought a fluorescent fixture and drilled a hole in it for a photocell. But I went through two of them and they don't last, plus they don't make them anymore.
I need a low-profile, outdoor, fixture, with a photocell, or at least one where there is somewhere to drill a hole to mount a photocell, and that uses E26 base bulbs. No motion detector.
Actually I may just buy an indoor LED fixture at Costco and modify it with a photocell. The location for the fixture is outdoors, but it never gets wet.
Someone else suggested using a timer, which would also work okay, though I'd have to reprogram it a few times per year.

My suggestion was not a timer. It has sunset-sunrise tables. Though after some years I did have to reset the clock. Being battery run it did not keep accurate time. Maybe the Honeywell version uses the 60 cycles to keep a more accurate clock.
On 12/21/2015 8:12 PM, Don Wiss wrote:

I guess I would prefer a simple closed loop system to a complex open loop system.
For now, SWMBO has not complained about the CFL in the plain white porcelain socket. I kind of like the simplicity.
[snip]

I use 2 or 3 (one for inside plants in the winter) such timers, and have a list of the mean sunrise and sunset times for each of the 14 months.
BTW, I suppose you know why it's 14 months rather than 12.
--
4 days until the winter celebration (Friday December 25, 2015 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

You lost me on this 14 month thing?
Timers work fine, but you need to keep resetting their time to match the seasons. That's kind of a hassle. Photocells are much easier to use.
Back when I was working as an electrician, I had to add a separate 200amp panel for a guy who ran a huge xmas yard display every year during the season. His house had a 100A panel and could not handle this xmas display, so we just installed an extra panel, with all sorts of outdoor outlets, which was pretty much dedicated to his xmas setup. His display which was running at least 70 amps continuous. (this was before LED lights).
He asked me if it was possible to install a timer to shut off the entire display at once. I looked at some electrical catalogs and could not find anything at that amperage, not to mention it would need to be connected to the MAINS, and that would have gotten into all sorts of code things that we were not prepared to deal with.
I explained to him that he was using at least 8 circuits, and would have to put a separate timer on each circuit. However, I began to think about using relays, and having one timer flip on and off eight 20A relays. This would have worked, but building it and having all the cords to go to each circuit would have been costly. He decided to just go with the 8 timers, and try to program all of them to turn on and off at the same time. He had a beautiful display, but I'm glad I did not have to pay his electric bill.
On 12/22/2015 12:04 AM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

DST (Damn Stupid Time), Where the months of March and November are split into 2 each, to deal with the government messing with our clocks.
I'd rather have just 12 months, and fail to understand how any reasonably intelligent person could think they're actually changing TIME when they reset the clocks twice a year.
[snip]
--
3 days until the winter celebration (Friday December 25, 2015 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

Ok, now I get it.

Yea, I find it annoying as well as worthless to have to change clocks 2x a year. They said it was done to save electricity, but never worked as planned. Then I heard it was done so kids dont have to wait for their schoolbus in the dark when going to school. Apparently no one thought about just changing the frikken school hours!!! It most affects farmers. Cattle are milked on a routine. They dont give a shit about clocks. They need to be milked and fed on schedule. So the farmers continue to keep operating as they have, regardless of what the clock says, yet the milk hauler truck, farm supply stores, and others involved have changed their hours. All that does is create confusion!
On 12/22/2015 12:43 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

LOL, of course it has nothing to do with farmers. John Oliver had a good piece on it <
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br0NW9ufUUw
.
Donald Trump said that daylight Savings Time also increases global warming because of the extra hour of the sun beating down on the planet during the hottest months of the year. He also said that it hurts some businesses, like drive-in movie theaters.
On the subject of daylight saving time:

The story I keep hearing is we keep it to benefit people on day shift. Supposedly, they get extra time in the afternoons to play golf, mow lawns, and whatever. That is supposed to benefit some businesses. The exercise angle doesn't seem to be working well. The percentage of fat people seems to be a lot higher than when I was growing up back in the 60s.

Of you can do some wiring, run some wiring outdoors, install a box outside, and put a photocell there. The photocell is like a switch, so it would be going from the source (Hot) back to the light.
I did this exact thing on my barn. I want lights on at night for my animals, but not during the day. A photocell did not work INSIDE the barn for obvious reasons. I installed to to an outdoor box on the exterior of the building.
On 12/21/2015 8:32 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

Yeah, if I used a 3 foot drill bit, which I do have, I could probably drill a hole back to the light's wiring and place a photo cell appropriately. But I'd be more likely to modify a light fixture with a photocell, as I did in the past.

They're all over eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=dusk+dawn+led&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xdusk+dawn+led+bulb.TRS1&_nkw=dusk+dawn+led+bulb&_sacat=0
On 12/20/2015 6:55 AM, Arthur Conan Doyle wrote:

All 220-240V, all from the UK.
sms wrote:

So you can throw them out if one part fails(sensor or bulb)when it? HD sells forementioned adapter.