durock or green rock for shower

Page 2 of 2
On Sun, 1 Nov 2015 16:41:03 -0000 (UTC), HerHusband

Either standard Kerdi over whatever wallboard you want to use, or KerdiBoard. You don't need soncrete backer with Kerdi, and you use thinset - it is totally waterproof and pretty well goofproof. It is not particularly cheap, but good seldom is. It has a handy "grid" for helping to keep the tile-job square. They also have KerdiDrain for the bottom of the shower (pan) to use with Ditra to make a waterproof shower pan.
Cal is 100% right to look at Kerdi. Mapei makes a similar product, but the Kerdi has it all.- at least make yourself aware of the product:
http://www.schluter.com/8_4_kerdi_shower_kit_6551.aspx
Schluter has been in the tile industry a long time.
On 11/1/2015 1:59 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Agreed! We used the standard Kerdi for our showers:
http://www.johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t 876
I had not heard of Kerdiboard. It looks interesting but wasn't available when we built out house in 2003.

I have the Kerdi drain in anticipation of finishing my shower.
Greg
On Sun, 1 Nov 2015 00:50:35 -0700, Cal Dershowitz

I doubt the code would even allow green or purple board in a shower and certainly not below 4 or 5 feet.

Alright, it's between durock, hardibacker, and plywood.
Would plywood have to be treated?
How thick on the durock?
How thick on the hardibacker?
Small shower....
--
Cal

| Alright, it's between durock, hardibacker, and plywood. |
No, it's not. Read my post. It's between hardibacker and concrete board.
On Sun, 1 Nov 2015 21:40:16 -0500, "Mayayana"