Duplicate Census Forms

Page 3 of 3

Oren wrote:

They are trying to count about 300 million people. Shit happens.
Oren wrote:

Could be since there are duplicate bar codes it's the QA form mailed at the same time that should have been mailed later. If that's it, it's a statistical sampling designed to check consistency of responses over a small subsample.
Alternatively, if you're really interested, you could try the hotline...

or go to <www.2010census.gov> and see if their's a FAQ that answers the specific question...
dpb wrote: ...

Dangit, meant _different_ bar codes.
The Census web site FAQ indicates that's how they do tell duplicates apart in the consistency response duplicate mailing sample so is at least a possible explanation altho I'm sure those aren't supposed to be mailed/received at same time but as a subsequent (on the hope you'll have forgotten how you answered before if you were deliberately misleading??? :) ).
Just fill one out and mail it. Disregard the duplicates. That way they can send an army of census-takers to your doorstep to grill you on the ones that didn't get submitted. :^}
RonB
On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 17:19:00 -0800, Oren wrote:

More ACORN fraud? When are these criminals going to be shut down for good??

I found the reason, I think. (sample)
One form is addressed for 1234 Maple St.
The second form is addressed for 1234 S Maple St.
There is no 'South Maple St."
I'll speak to the postal person as to how I send the wrong addressed form back or just shred it :-/
Here is a sample of the form.
pdf:
http://2010.census.gov/2010census/pdf/2010_Questionnaire_Info.pdf
Good Luck!
Oren wrote:

I just shred all of them...

I just read in today's paper that you can be fined $100 for not returning the form,and $500 for false information. Pretty low odds of being prosecuted,though.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Because they know about your multiple personalities <G>

They want to make sure you get at least one form, in case the other form gets lost.

.So we should fill out both of them in case one gets lost going back? Maybe we will get more federal money, looks like a win win to me. Too bad for the folks who didn't get two ;-)
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote the following:

Damn, I only got one. I shoulda doubled the number of people in my house.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Bill . Hmm! You'd probably be 'Beside yourself' if they also charged you twice as much tax!
Put down how many people crossed out most of it except ethnicity. I put other - American. Get so tired of the divisions of races.
--
Dymphna
Message origin:
On Apr 1, 6:47pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I got one, filled it out and sent it in. A week later I got another one, filled it out again, and sent it in. As long as they keep sending them to me, I'll keep returning them. It's their problem.
KC

I'm the OP on the thread. Received two notices the forms would arrive, then received two forms. I spoke with the postal delivery person and she said a neighbor had the same thing happen. She advised me to return one form, but to open them and see if one was the same as the other. I did and they were both the same, except one was correctly addressed and the other was 1234 "S" Maple Street. It was the "questionnaire" forms and not just the short 10 question form.
I taped one up and noted "wrong address" on the envelope and placed it in the mailbox. Then they put it in my mail again, tried one more time and again, it came back.
I said to the wife, just shred it!! Well, she took it to the Post Office and there they explained "it was the wrong bar code". How would the PO know that?!
Just like the gummit - you can't depend on them when you need too!

I live on a county road. I received 2 pre-mailout notices with the addresses so screwed up I had to wonder how the P.O. even knew where to deliver them. (decided it was my box # + 9 digit zip). When the 1st form came, the address was a little more correct but very different than the pre mailout notice. The 2nd form had the same address as the 1st form.
I'm still fighting a battle with another government agency over an issue where I tried to do the right thing and got in a mess for doing it. That taught me to keep my mouth shut and let them do their thing without any input from me.
KC

You must have gotten ours. I hope you answered the questions correctly before returning it.

Why would you expect differently?

I got a post card,too, in addition to the double mailing. Hmm, i never checked if the bar code was in error.