Duplex Tank Bushing Question

What is the difference between these two types of oil tank bushings and why would one be better than the other. I called several suppliers and they did not know which I found to be a bit strange.
3-Way Tap Slip-Thru Male Compression Fittings such as http://www.simplyplumbing.com/oilequipmentm-4468.html
or the
4-Way Tap Slip-Thru Male Compression Fittings
http://www.simplyplumbing.com/oilequipmentm-4475.html
Thanks,
On 6/30/2011 10:23 PM, ROANIN wrote:

In the pictures, the second one looks like it's galvanized and the first doesn't look like it's galvanized.
TDD
Smitty Two wrote:

I guess I should have know that I would not get any usefull information from you. Just for the record, one of the holes is for the suction line and the other is for the return line. I just wondered if anyone here knew the difference between the two and what applications that they would be used for.
Smitty Two wrote:

Ya know Smitty, your the Idiot. I don't post a lot, only when I have a legitimate question. You on the other hand seem to answer every post with some bullshit answer that has nothing to do with any of the many OP's questions you respond to. No it is not a research project. I am removing a buried tank and replacing it. I just want to know in what situation you would use one and what situation you would use another. I am sure either will work for my application. I was just hoping that someone here might know this answer. Obviously, it isn't you, because if you re-read the OP you will discover that I also asked why one would be better than the other.

:
FYI if anyone wants to know, the difference is that the bottom of the taps on the bushings are threaded. The three way has one tap threaded and the four way has both bottom tapped. This is so that you can put a guide pipe on the bottom of the bushing for the tubing to slide through to guide them inside the tank,

Well I know what the word tapped means, I just wanted to know why they would sell one tapped and one not. Still, no one including the people who sell them or manufacture them, can tell me why or in what situation one would be better to use than the other.