duncan hine food and vegetable cutter

I need 3 rubber feet for the duncan hines food and vegetables cutter that I inherited from my mother. Does anyone know where I can purchase them? I live in victoria, bc, canada and have looked all over the city so far without success. Thank you.

Reply to
sue1023

If you are looking for specif feet for that model, it could be impossible. hardware stores usually have some sort of generic feet for appliances or furniture. You could also try

Ed Pawlowski

Home Depot, Lowes stores have drawers with specialty, nuts, grommets, etc and they might have some small rubber feet that attache with a single screw if that's what you need. Or Ebay?

Reply to
trader_4

You still have one of the feet attached?

If it only had 3 to begin with, or if you're willing to remove any still there, or if you're lucky enough to find the same height, you can buy stick-on feet from on-line electronics parts stores, and probably from amazon and ebay, but I can't promise they will continue to stick on.

After they fall off, you can glue them on with 5 or even 30 minute epoxee. I think the regular stuff would work, after you remove maybe by scraping or maybe with orange cleaner the remains of the sticky stuff.

Locally, in all of Baltimore for example, there is only one comprehensive brick and mortar electronics store. They have multiple styles of stick on feet on display and a customer can measure their height to find the height needed. The store is expensive, afaic, but feet are cheap so even a high price isn't much.

And Radio Shack will have one or two designs. Maybe you'll get lucky.

Ace Hardware and True Value hardware stores, especially big ones, are going to have more than places like Home Depot, although it too might well have one or two designs.

I don't know much about stores in Canada.

What kind of stores did you go to?

But what can be easier and less effort than all this shopping is to make your own feet. If it's really smooth where the feet used to be, you can rough it up with some coarse or medium sandpaper, or even a sandpaper nail file, although you could skip that and if and when a foot falls off, do a better job then.

And just use some GE Silicone. It comes in 4? or 6? oz. squeeze tubes and caulking gun size tubes. Or maybe even latex caulk that comes in caulking gun tubes. Especially if you or your neighbor already have an open tube that might dry out before it's fully used. I've never used latex caulk or anything other than silicone for anything like this. I don't have a feel for whether it woudl work, and I usually have a tube of GE Silicone that's open already.

GE Silicone comes in white, clear, aluminum color iirc, and black.

Black might match the best, but to get that, you'll probably have to go to an auto parts store, like Pep Boys. In the US, they don't sell black even at good hardware stores, iirc.

I wouldn't try to make the feet as small as the original feet. You won't be able to see how big they are anyhow, when it's upright.

I'd put a blob on where each original foot was. You can lick your fingers and use one to make the blob smooth. Remember, God gave us 8 fingers, so you don't have to use the same finger twice. If you put one you've used already back in your mouth it will taste bad. (Probably won't make you sick unless you swallow some! but it's not good to get in the habit of putting wield stuff in your mouth.) Let it set for a couple minutes or until it doesn't start to drip or droop off when you start to turn the cutter right-side up. But not so long that it's totally set.

And then** put it on a flat surface so that the cutter is level. Press down a little if necessary so that each foot reaches the surface, and thus each foot is the same height. **First put wax paper or tin foil under it so that it won't stick to the wood, formica etc. Then when everything sets, you can either pull off the paper if it doesn't stick, or tear off all the tin foil except what's actually stuck.

(In a different situation or with different glues, I'd say to put some vaseline on the other thing so it doesn't stick. I guess you could do that here too, but I like the idea of aluminium foil.

If a foot comes out wrong, you can rip it off and do it again.

Among other things, I've made a cap for a wine sack out of PC-70. I put vaseline on the winesack threads first, but it still required pliers to take the cap off the first time. Maybe there was one little spot I didn't cover with vaselline. PC-70 would make good feet too, but they'd be hard, not rubbery.

There are a lot of things you can make at home, even without a 3-D printer!

Reply to
micky

Almost certainly Duncan Hinds didn't make that food cutter, but had it made for them by a manufacturing concern. In that case, the feet are probably generic and you should be able to get them from any large mechanical component supply house.

Ried Tool & Die has since changed it's name to Essentra Components, and I would get on their web site and search for feet that would fit:

'Global Manufacturer & Distributor of Component Solutions | Essentra Components'

Snoop around on this page and see if you find something similar to what you need:

'Feet, Casters & Glides'

nestork

sue1023 wrote in news:645f5 $54836a91$cf3aab60$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com:

Easier: remove the one remaining foot, and buy a set of four from virtually any hardware store.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Has anyone told you about seeing a shrink...oh ya, me!

Reply to
bob_villa

Not sure what kind of feet that has, but I bought a sheet of self adhesive feet for a couple of small appliances on ebay recently:

There's a wide variety of feet available on ebay. Search for "rubber appliance bumpers"

Reply to
Mike Hartigan

replying to sue1023, Isabel wrote: Which blade is best for shredding cabbage

Reply to
Isabel

Isabel posted for all of us...

The izmel.

Reply to
Tekkie®

replying to sue1023, Cathy J. Emmons wrote: Try here,:

hope this helps. Could you tell me how good this duncan hines vegetable cutter works?

Reply to
Cathy J. Emmons