Dummy Award of the Month

We picked up one of these battery powered LED strobe lights they were selling for Halloween. They were selling at the dollar store for $5 before Halloween and now were marked down to $2.

Basically they are just a bright LED flashlight that has variable speed flashing, and has adjustible speed by turning a knob. It came with the batteries included, which requires removing a tiny screw to get to the batteries.

While trying to determine what size batteries it uses by reading the box, I found most of the writing on the box is a disclaimer which consists of a lengthy paragraph. To summarize it, it says "Complies with FCC rules and is designed to not cause tv or radio interference. Then it goes on to say that if it does cause interference, "relocate it".

**** [Now for the DUMMY PART] ****

If it still interferes, "Connect it to an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected"......

WTF ????? It's BATTERY OPERATED! How can I plug it into a different outlet???

Reply to
footballweekend

Just the standard warning that comes on many things. I have seen all kind of funny things like this on other items.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Feels so good to make fun of those Chinese doesn't it?

Most likely, they're trying to tell you to move the device showing interference to a different circuit.

My pool ladder came with a warning to change it or some part of it every year. Still trying to figure that one out.

Reply to
Dan Espen

You're probably supposed to change the pool ladder's batteries or move the cord to a different outlet every year, to prevent underwater tv and radio interference. :)

Reply to
footballweekend

Yes, the Chinamen's feeble attempts at using the King's English are a laugh riot! There's even a web site that memorializes the hilarity:

Silly foreigners! No tickee no washee!!

Reply to
Roger Blake

No, they're saying to move the ladder to a different swimming pool every year. Best do this when no one in pool.

Reply to
Micky

I came across this line in a Chinese motorscooter manual:

Check if almuce of connector is covered and fixation is tight (picture of electrical connector).

Reply to
Micky
[snip]

"almuce" is a little piece of cellophane tape carrying some alien writing that no human can read. It repels the Arcturan Licking Rat, which has a fondness for motorscooters. These rats are so stupid that they can't read something unless it's covered. The writing makes them run away and lick themselves to death.

Reply to
hah

That does fit. Now I understand the whole page.

Reply to
Micky