Duet Washer

Page 2 of 2
Are you using HE soap? I find liquid tide HE the best. I use about half the amount that fits in the cap and it washes fine. I could see though that if you have a farm household that brings in real muddy clothes, a front loader may not work well. Otherwise for most people they are probably better than top loaders at gettting out stains.
message

The results are in. I went to the laundromax over the weekend and used a top loader, everything came out just fine. I chatted with the attendant about my problem and she was quite helpful, and even made some of the same recommendations that the fine folks on this group came up with.
The final result: I used the correct amount of H.E. detergent (Wisk) and instead of using the "normal" cycle which I usually do, I increased to Heavy Duty and let it run. If one bothered to watch during the Heavy Duty cycle, it reverses itself more often than the normal cycle. This further prevents clothes from "balling" up in the machine.
Everything came out fine this time. I spoke with Sears about the problem yesterday as well and they are sending a technician out to service both the Duet washer and Duet dryer, under the extended warranty agreement I have they send someone for regular maintenance every six months whether I have a problem or not. Since I bought them last December, my six months is due now. They'll check it out and make sure the machine isn't extracting the soap before it should, and that the water fill is correct. They did have me drop a level on the machine while they were on the phone just to be sure and yes, the machine is still perfectly level.
Thank you to everyone who offered up on this issue. I appreciated everyone's advice and opinions!
Glad you are heading towards success. I ususually use normal cycle plus the heavy option. Don't know how that compares to the Heavy duty cycle. I think it is just Normal but longer. I also always use second rinse because I have a tendency towards getting allergic to the detergents. I like Wisk but can't use it any more because of allergic reactions to it. It is less sudsy then Tide HE.
The other day I was doing a delicate wash for my wife's shirts. Load have just a few shirts and pants and I was thinking of you and I figure it was comparable to your 8 shirt test load. Even though the Duet reduces the amount of water when you run a small load, there was clearly a good size puddle of water visible thru the door window. It was obvious and if you don't see it with a small load then maybe the thing is screwing up.
message

Heavy
the
me