duct tape is drying out on ducting

Page 2 of 2
On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 00:58:54 GMT, someone wrote:

Not really, and you have (perhaps unwittingly) stumbled upon the key. You can search this on the net very easily (and sure, everything on the internet is true!).
Depending on who you believe: It was originally DUCK tape for the material "cotton duck" that military tents were made of. (Whether the cloth tape was actually used to patch the tents, or was originally just made from similar material, I don't recall.) Soldiers then found it was handy for a variety of purposes. Somehow this morphed into DUCT tape. But a lot of it that is sold, is not so great for actual ducts!
On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 23:00:38 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (v) wrote:

I believe that story. Originally there were Billy goats and Annie goats, but gradually an Annie goat became a nanny goat.
And my grandmother from the Pale always often offered me a napple. She doesn't seemed to have influenced the entire country however.
In these cases the consonant moved to the next word, but it can also retreat to the previous word.
message

unfinished -

What is normally called "duct" tape is illegal for use on ducts many places. It just doesn't last.
Bob