Duct tape finally comes through.

An old half dried out roll of crappy duct tape saved my bacon and my mom's dog's ass.
Mom (who has alzheimers) has a min poodle that she hasn't groomed in too long. It got a lump of doody stuck in its arse and was in pain. The dog needed to see a vet, but mom wouldn't budge and I couldn't get her to come with me, at first. I called for help but being so remote, none was forthcoming. So, I decided to take the dog to the vet, one way or the other. The dog had this tennis ball size lump of doody stuck in/on its ass --to the point of bloody!-- a mess no matter how you work it. Mom had no dog carrier (that I know of) so I rigged one out one of those large cheapo plastic storage boxes you get fer $5-8 at Wallyworld. I punched some holes in the lid, put the dog in, and bound it up with masking tape. I finally got mom to follow her dog (her life) to the car, put the box/dog in, and hotfooted it to the vet. Whew. One major crisis averted and one dog's ass saved.
I also bought some new duct tape! ;)
nb
--
Fight internet CENSORSHIP - Fight SOPA-PIPA
Contact your congressman and/or representative, now!

Not sure about the details but glad to hear the dog is better.

At this point, I'm not sure the dog is better, but I hadda do something and I'm now confident the dog is is good hands. My mom thought the groomer would solve the problem, but I know the groomer would have told me to get the dog to a vet. I haven't heard from the vet, yet, but I told them to do whatever it takes to help the dog, regardless of cost. I tried to do something, but when I saw the extent of the problem and the blood, I knew it was beyond my scope. It's not my dog, but I hate to see animals suffer, regardless. I'm hoping for a call later today.
nb
--
Fight internet CENSORSHIP - Fight SOPA-PIPA
Contact your congressman and/or representative, now!

I understand. I hope you get GOOD news.

re: " I punched some holes in the lid, put the dog in, and bound it up with masking tape"
Why didn't you use the duct tape?
DerbyDad03 wrote the following on 3/13/2012 2:25 PM (ET):

He used that to tape up the shit on the dog's ass . :-)
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I did. Senior moment. Got word from vet. The dog is fine and also had a bad tooth removed and nails trimmed. Also gonna get update on shots.
Hopefully, all will be well Thurs when we pick up dog and groomer makes her clean and sparkly new doggy and we can bring her home to new clean surroundings (minus doggy doody smears on rug, etc).
You ahr ppl wanna help? Help me find a supplier for Hoover Floor Mate SpinScrub 801 rug cleaner parts. Mom has an almost unused brand new one, but missing the top removable control handle (why, I can't say). I need to clean this house! Anyone know a source?
nb
--
Fight internet CENSORSHIP - Fight SOPA-PIPA
Contact your congressman and/or representative, now!

Thanks for the update !!!!
On 3/13/2012 4:02 PM, notbob wrote:

Darn, sorry, I thought you used the duct tape to stifle mom. My bad. o_O
TDD
Or, maybe duct tape to wrap the cat for toe nail trim?
As to the vac cleaner. Open the yellow pages phone book, and look under vacuum cleaners. I did that one time, and found a shop where they really knew what they were doing, and fixed my parents vac rapidly and inexpensively.

Darn, sorry, I thought you used the duct tape to stifle mom. My bad. o_O
TDD
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Yellow Pages?
How quaint.
notbob wrote:

Next time think pillow case. We used to give a free pillow case (cat carrier) with every kitten rehomed.
On 3/13/2012 1:23 PM, HeyBub wrote:

or if there's a fire and you're emergency evacuating.
You wrapped the crate with masking tape. Why not buy more masking tape?