Duct Tape Brands

I'm in the urgent need of real sticky duct tape. Due to work hours, I'm limited to where I can buy, most real hardware stores close up shop @ 6:00 around here. Some years ago when I was in contracting, I bought a roll of Nashua brand either at a wholesaler or at a lumber/mill shop. Ok, I'm limited to the two main box stores, which I prefer not to even shop there, or Sears hardware.
Before I make the trip to Sears tonight, maybe someone recommend otherwise or duct tape Sears sells.
Thanks
Side note, this isn't for fixing ducts. But, believe it or not, my doctor told me to try it on planters warts b/4 going to the dermatologist. Hey, it works, what can I say.
Carl Horton wrote:

I am glad you said why you wanted it. I was going to suggest gaffer's tape which is a very strong version of duct tape originally used in the movie industry. As I understand it the use on warts works and it may be in part due to the chemistry of the adhesive which is not the same on the gaffer's tape.
Sorry I don't have any specific recommendations as all the "duct" tapes seem about the same to me.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
I have seen significant changes in the relative stickiness of duct tape within the same brand, so it is not easy to recommend a brand. Temperature, however, makes a huge difference on how sticky the duct tape is. If it is not sticky enough heat it up with the hair dryer.

The most expensive stuff at home depot works well, and is stronger and stickier than the cheapo brands. I believe it was called Nashua contractor grade.
"Carl Horton" <> wrote in message> I'm in the urgent need of real sticky duct tape. > Side note, this isn't for fixing ducts. But, believe it or not, my doctor> told me to try it on planters warts b/4 going to the dermatologist.
Been there, done that. It works! I just used any old brand. I cut a small piece for the wart then ringed it with another piece or used a bandaid. No matter what, it won't stay on so additional covering helps. Sue Minocqua, WI Yamaha '00 VStar 650 (old reliable) '04 TW200 (mud = fun) Kawasaki '95 Vulcan 1500 (new friend)
"Do what you want and say what you feel because those that mind, don't matter and those that matter, don't mind". ~Dr. Seuss
The stuff they sell for wart removal is salicilate based. One option is to crush up a cheap asprin with a little water, and make a paste. Use the paste and a bandaid over the wart.
Did you check at the pharmacy to see if they have wart killer stuff?
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Wouldn't wart medicine be worth a try before going to the dermatologist? It can't cost much more than duct tape.

But if the duct tape works . . . .
Warts are strange things that appear and disappear for unknown reasons. As a kid, my doctor gave me some medication that worked. He also told one young patient to draw an outline of this hand with the warts. Mark the warts on the paper, then burn the paper in the back yard and bury the ashes. Doctor said they would be gone in a week after. That worked also. Even cheaper than duct tape.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Warts are viruses...
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Warts are caused by viruses....
Duane Bozarth wrote:

Yeah, but warts can be removed by hypnosis. Seriously.
I ended up getting Duck brand at Sears, though I dislike shopping at HD, think I will make the trip there as suggested by one poster to search for Nashua brand.
Wart medicine, UGH. I've had no luck with that stuff, tried Compound W and something else. Makes a mess out of the bottom of your foot.
The duct tape took about 1-1/2 weeks and really showed a huge improvement. When my doctor mentioned it, I thought "oh no", what kind of quack did she become. She was right on the money though.

You might try "Scotch Transparent Duct Tape". I got it at my local Despot. It's quite sticky, though pricey. I don't know if transparent will work, or if it has the right kind of adhesive for wart removal ;-).
A google search shows duct tape is a common treatment. I'll try it next time, though I've had luck with Wal-Mart's wart remover ... so far :-).
BTW, they're not "planter's warts", but "plantar warts": "plantar...adj. Of, relating to, or occuring on the sole of the foot: plantar warts. [Latin plantaris, from planta, sole of the foot....]" The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language.
--
Luke