duct booster

Hi there, I had my AC guy install this duct booster in my atic vent system in hopes it may increase air output for my room furthest away from the furnace. He said he got one that was one of the more powerfull ones (250cfm) think he said? What I wanted is like 2-3 times more air flow and I think I might have gained maybe 1.5 times??? if that. I guess I am just wondering if anyone else has tried one and how its working for you? thanks

Reply to
John H

If the air isn't going to that duct, where is it going?

Seal the leaks and reduce the flow in other ducts.

If that doesn't work, then your blower is undersized.

Reply to
Noozer

An undersized blower doesn't have to be the problem.. It's not unusual for lame brains to install systems so that the longest run is undersized, too long, with too many turns, so that there is not adequate air flow.

I have an aux blower installed on my longest run to the fartherst upstairs bedroom. It has definitely helped. But gaining 1.5X is more typical. I don't think to expect to gain 2-3x with the same size duct work is realistic.

Closing off some registers on the same duct run will help. But I'd be careful about closing off too many all over the place, because if the system is poorly designed, that isn't going to solve the problem and could make things worse.

It's really a shame this kind of thing happens, because it's not rocket science to do it right during construction, but a real bitch later.

Reply to
trader4