Ducks!!!

Does anyone know how to discourage ducks from landing on a dock? The ducks themselves are quite cute but their left overs are a pain in the butt! Tonight I went out and the dock was covered from one end to the other with duck doo doo! So I will be spending the morning cleaning the dock once again! Aside of sitting out there all day to ward off the offending critters, what else can I do? There has to be a better way!
wrote:]

A dog. They poop too, but not quite as prolifically.
On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:49:48 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@ix.netcom.com (The Other Harry) wrote:

One of those plastic eagles on a post sometimes works.
Bob
Lace the dock with duck tape. It is gray about 2" wide and very sticky. It is specially formulated just for catching ducks, kinda like fly paper.
--

Keep the whole world singing. . .
Dan G

(remove the 7)
A short fence (just a few inches) will generally work.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Duck makes a mighty fine supper. Once them ducks get a whiff of you grillin-up one of their buddies that'll do it.

Try to hang some disposible tin pie plates that will move around from wind. It's not foolproof and will only work when there is wind, but should help.
Another idea would be to find some cheap indoor outdoor carpeting or a tarp and just cover the dock when not in use, and remove when you use it.