dualsaw

Anybody out there bought and used the new dualsaw? Billy Maze really really turns me off, but it does look like a pretty cool saw. I also realize that they can make lots of things look better than it really is, but I do like the concept of it. Any thoughts? Any personal testimonials? thanks

Reply to
nefletch

Have you ever watched "Pitchmen" on "Discovery channel. It actually gives you some respect for Billy. They really do test the products and won't sell something that does not work. One show was about the dualsaw and they did a lot of cutting. Certainly looks as good as advertised. I don't have any particular need for one, but, based on what I saw, if I did, I'd give it a try.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Those of us who are grateful for cable TV so we don't have to stare at test patterns from 3:00 a.m. 'til dawn know what you're talking about.

For others: Info here:

HeyBub

"HeyBub" wrote in news:4vidnRWGj7rCwtrXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

Thanks for that link. Looks good. Very effective pitch. Major flaws that I can see - Billy Mays and Anthony Sullivan. These guys are paid to sell junk.

Billy Mays = Red Flag Anthony Sullivan = Red Flag "As seen on TV" = Red Flag

Maybe just my cynical opinion. I never buy anything off of TV.

Reply to
Red Green

Don't have any experience with it but I'd be concerned with having to constantly separate the blades in order to remove the material that gets in between the blades.

Reply to
tnom

This model seems to be a modified angle grinder, I have seen another that was built like a portable circular saw.

Also what happens if one accidentally twists the saw in the work and binds the blades together. It would seem to be easy with the long motor/handle and lack of guide plate. The blades are rotating in opposite directions. The teeth will grind together creating who knows what shrapnel.

Reply to
EXT

I think that was one of the benefits, shrapnel free or nearly so. It was designed to be safer than a single blade saw.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

The word on salon.com is that Billy Mays won't be turning anybody off any more: he's dead.

Reply to
Patrick Karl

Patrick Karl wrote in news:h2862i$2h8$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal- september.org:

Never heard that before. But if they say he blew his brains out with his mouth I believe it.

Reply to
Red Green

Dead at age 50!

Tampa news: