dualsaw

Anybody out there bought and used the new dualsaw? Billy Maze<s> really really turns me off, but it does look like a pretty cool saw. I also realize that they can make lots of things look better than it really is, but I do like the concept of it. Any thoughts? Any personal testimonials? thanks

Have you ever watched "Pitchmen" on "Discovery channel. It actually gives you some respect for Billy. They really do test the products and won't sell something that does not work. One show was about the dualsaw and they did a lot of cutting. Certainly looks as good as advertised. I don't have any particular need for one, but, based on what I saw, if I did, I'd give it a try.
nefletch wrote:

Those of us who are grateful for cable TV so we don't have to stare at test patterns from 3:00 a.m. 'til dawn know what you're talking about.
For others: Info here: https://www.dualsaw.com/flare/next

Thanks for that link. Looks good. Very effective pitch. Major flaws that I can see - Billy Mays and Anthony Sullivan. These guys are paid to sell junk.
Billy Mays     = Red Flag Anthony Sullivan = Red Flag "As seen on TV" = Red Flag
Maybe just my cynical opinion. I never buy anything off of TV.

having to constantly separate the blades in order to remove the material that gets in between the blades.
snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote:

This model seems to be a modified angle grinder, I have seen another that was built like a portable circular saw.
Also what happens if one accidentally twists the saw in the work and binds the blades together. It would seem to be easy with the long motor/handle and lack of guide plate. The blades are rotating in opposite directions. The teeth will grind together creating who knows what shrapnel.

I think that was one of the benefits, shrapnel free or nearly so. It was designed to be safer than a single blade saw.
EXT wrote:

The word on salon.com is that Billy Mays won't be turning anybody off any more: he's dead.

Never heard that before. But if they say he blew his brains out with his mouth I believe it.

Dead at age 50!
Tampa news:
http://www.kwtx.com/nationalnews/headlines/49382987.html