DualSaew = MultiMaster killer?

OK, I'm watching this infomercial about the amazing DualSaw, and I just gotta post something here about this. Like the MultiMaster when it was being advertised on late-night TV, this tool actually does look pretty amazing. As the name implies, it has two rotary saw blades that--get this--rotate against each other in opposite directions. They show it going through practically anything--steel, aluminum, wood, copper, etc.

Anyone else seen this? The commercial must have been made some time ago, because Billy Mays makes an appearance in it.

Oh, and they're asking $9.95 for this thing, no shipping, in what they call a "14-day trial offer". Wonder how much they're gonna demand you pay after that ...

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

On 4/26/2011 12:30 AM David Nebenzahl spake thus:

I did find one old thread here discussing this. Seems like the saw works pretty much as advertised. If I were in the biz, I'd probably get one to try out.

But I still wonder what the real price is once the 14-day trial is over. Someone else here said $160 on Amazon.

And can the Harbor Fright clone be far behind?

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

That type of saw has been around for at least 15 years. It's now available from several manufacturers, Chinese included. Here's a link to the Harbor Freight version

Larry W

On 4/26/2011 2:16 PM Larry W spake thus:

Hmmph; $100. Not exactly cheap by HF standards ...

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

"David Nebenzahl" wrote

You never buy anything at HF that's not on sale unless you really, really need it. If I can get it for around $60 I'd certainly pick one up just for the little chores - cutting wood and plastic.

Do You Think AHR messages need to be any longer than they already are? Change your sig often!

(0:

Reply to
Robert Green

On 4/27/2011 5:05 PM Robert Green spake thus:

Don't scroll down to the bottom of the message if you aren't interested in the sig.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

I'm just saying it gets tedious especially after the tenth time you've read it. (-"

Reply to
Robert Green