Dual water heaters - can I disable one?

Page 3 of 3
On Tuesday, December 2, 2014 12:53:01 PM UTC-5, Jim Joyce wrote:

yes, this is correct. And definitely cut the power to the one valved off otherwise it'll build pressure and pop the T/P valve when it goes into a heating cycle.
I'm really not sure whether it's better to drain or leave full, from a corrosion standpoint. I'd be worried about anaerobic bacteria possibly growing in a stagnant full WH as well.
nate