Dual sump pumps

Page 2 of 2
Two pumps, separate supply electricity if possible. check valves in each discharge into a comon pipe. Just set the float switch on the backup pump to go on at a higher water level. This isn't rocket science, just basic plumbing and electricity.
I have two pumps like this, plus a water-powered jet-like system as a final backup if the electricity and the back-up electricity both fail. Each comes on at a successively higher water level.
On Fri, 7 Mar 2014 13:28:41 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net"

Is this one a BasePump, or is there another brand of waterpowered sumppump?
Thanks.

replying to snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net , Arnold2303 wrote:

to go on at a higher water level. This isn't rocket science, just basic plumbing and electricity.

on at a successively higher water level.
Thanks! Sounds like a good solid plan.
replying to snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net , Arnold2303 wrote:

to go on at a higher water level. This isn't rocket science, just basic plumbing and electricity.

on at a successively higher water level.
QUESTION: Who did your installation? A plumber or a basement waterproofing company or did you do it yourself? Just curious.
On Fri, 7 Mar 2014 13:28:41 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net"

<Is this one a BasePump, or is there another brand of waterpowered sumppump?
Micky,
My pump is a "Liberty Pumps - Sump Jet, Model S310". It seems to be pretty capable in terms of water lifting. I have not had to actually use it in an emergency, just tested it a number of times by turning off the electricity to my two 120V powered pumps.
To Arnold,
I did my own installations of all 3 pumps. I was replacing a single pump t hat the builder put into the house when he built it in 1957. We bought the house in 1965 and I put the second pump in a few years later. The third w ater-powered pump I put in about 5 years ago so that I didn't have to worrr y about power failures when we were out of town on vacations, since I didn' t want to have my neighbors worrying about my flooded basement when they wo uld be having problems themselves. I figured it was cheap insurance. If o ur local water pressure ever goes down, we are in much bigger trouble than just my basaement flooding.
replying to snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net , Arnold2303 wrote:

Thank you.
What horsepower did you go with? Also, is there any particular brand that you can speak highly of? I hear good things about Zoeller.
I appreciate your patience. This is all foreign to me. I'm not handy at all. I just know I have to do something before this sump (which has been working overtime) burns itself out and we have a wet basement on our hands.