dual fuel thermostat recom.

I have an Amana heat pump with propane back-up. I need to know if there is a programmable thermostat that will allow the set point to only increase in 2 degree increments in heat mode.I have it set in winter at 65 wake 55 sleep which I now do manually 2 degrees at a time thank s

Reply to
Gary

What I assume you are trying to do is prevent the aux.(furnace) from kickinig on when the stat is raising the temp from 55 to 65. Your best bet would be to install an outdoor thermostat so the furnace will not kick on at all when the OD temp is above the balance point of the heat pump, except when the HP goes into defrost. Another alternative would be to install a little toggle switch in the W2 line from the thermostat and control it manually.

Reply to
lp13-30