DTV convertors

They keep announcing the DTV changes on tv lately so I went to their website. I did not learn anything new. I still have one question that no one has yet answered. When we connect a DTV convertor to a standard TV, I assume the tv will have to be set to channel 3 or 4 (or to AUX for sets that have it). Just like when using a DVD player or VCR.

These convertors are not yet being sold, and i have only seen some spall photos on the web. None of them mention or show a remote control. Does this mean that all of us who get the convertor will have to keep walking over to that convertor box to change channels? It sure seems that will be the case. If this is progress, then we really better put an end to all future progress......

I suppose no one really knows on this newsgroup, but there must be some people in this country who have used these convertors as "product testers".

Alvin

Reply to
alvinamorey

The answer is they are already available, include a variety of outputs to hook up to existing TVs, including RF and S-Video and every one that I've seen has a remote. Don't think you could ever sell one without a remote.

Here's one example, for $75 on Ebay: 160171912511

Just search for that item # or search for digital TV tuner, or ATSC tuner on Ebay.

If you haven't bought one and are eligible for the govt rebate that I think starts in Jan, you might want to wait. They are giving 2 $40 coupons to any household that receives only via over the air, ie doesn't have cable or sat.

Reply to
trader4

Something I bought recently, is a DVD recorder with ATSC tuner. I can get 6 ATSC channels here (3 major networks, 2 independents, and weather).

Reply to
Mark Lloyd