DSL problem

Can you hang a stick of EMT in the area of the lights, and run the cable through that? Or maybe reroute the cable? Looks like your original hunch was right, it was just the wrong suspect causing the interference. If the lights are on the same mains power transformer can as the modems, the interference could be coming through on the power side, as well. I get static on all my am radios that use wall power when neighbor turns on his damn security light.

aem sends....

Reply to
aemeijers

Thanks for posting back to let us know!

P&M

Reply to
mm

I had that with my OWN security light, the one the HOA wanted on the end of a section of townhouses.

First it only happened when the bulb was going bad, and later it was all night. (Only on the weak AM stations, which I didn't seem to actually listen to.)

Too high for my extension ladder to reach, when fnally the whole fixture failed and they removed it, I saw that for some stupid reason it had been set on ...I forget what they call it, but it's on at half-brightness all the time, and goes to full brightenss if it sees something. All I had to do was change the next one to be OFF when it's off. If it comes on for a few minutes and the AM reception is bad, that would just notify me there was someone outside or the wind was blowing, which would be ok.

So look at his light and maybe he needs a new bulb, or maybe it's on all night at half brightness, and yo can get him to change that.

P&M

Reply to
mm

I was told that the lights in the machine room are called metal halide lamps. Not sure what kind of frequency they emit but it looks that is the source of the problem.

Reply to
Mikepier