DSL problem

Page 2 of 2

I had that with my OWN security light, the one the HOA wanted on the end of a section of townhouses.
First it only happened when the bulb was going bad, and later it was all night. (Only on the weak AM stations, which I didn't seem to actually listen to.)
Too high for my extension ladder to reach, when fnally the whole fixture failed and they removed it, I saw that for some stupid reason it had been set on ...I forget what they call it, but it's on at half-brightness all the time, and goes to full brightenss if it sees something. All I had to do was change the next one to be OFF when it's off. If it comes on for a few minutes and the AM reception is bad, that would just notify me there was someone outside or the wind was blowing, which would be ok.
So look at his light and maybe he needs a new bulb, or maybe it's on all night at half brightness, and yo can get him to change that.
P&M
I was told that the lights in the machine room are called metal halide lamps. Not sure what kind of frequency they emit but it looks that is the source of the problem.
Mikepier wrote:

What is distance from main bldg to trailer ?? Could you leave modem in main bldg and extend the Ethernet cable to the trailer ??
or wireless WiFi ??
Not the best, but could be workarounds.
Reed wrote:

back in on the other pair and having it work fine means the cable is okay. (The cable twist cuts down the interference.) Is there a good ground connection on the power out in the trailer? Can you string a couple extension cords from the building during off hours and try different power? Could be the MRI unit- those throw off EM and RF like mad. Ever seen how funny the video looks when a TV station tries to roll tape in the room when it is running? Just for giggles, I'd try a long extension cord and a long cat5 cable, and see if the modem and computer work in the cab of your truck as far as you can get from the MRI building.
You could always line the trailer with expanded mesh or even chicken wire, and make it into a Faraday cage... :^/