drywall texture ID

What is this texture called, and how can I match it on some patches?

Smitty Two

Orange peel.

RicodJour

I would consider that a "light" or "very light" orange peel as opposed to a "medium" or "heavy"

HD sells a small (smaller than a spray paint can) aerosol can made by Homax(?)

I just used some the other day to match a patch.

The can comes with three colored dispenser straws; red, blue & yellow.

Bigger hole means larger orange peel. You can further "adjust" the look by pressing down on the finisg after about 20 minutes or so....it will lay down flatter if you use your flatten hand (fingers) to press it down.

You;re supposed to be able to knock it down with a drywall knife but I've never had good luck. Maybe my SS knives are not flexible enough or I didnt let it cure long enough.

cheers Bob

Reply to
DD_BobK

What I have done to match this is to crumple up a plastic grocery sack into a ball and dip into a ( slightly diluted) dry wall mud. Then pat in on the wall. Worked for me. WW

Reply to
WW