Drywall texture (echo.....) Help!

I know this has probably been asked a thousand times, but I need advice on drywall texture. I have a hall way where only 3 of the 4 walls were textured. The other had wall paper. The paper came down soooo easily but....now I need to match the texture. Let me discribe it. Soft, medium to heavy texture that is kinda "creamy" like. I've been experimenting on a scrap but can't quite get a similar texture. The closest I can get is when a put a mud loaded brush flat on the wall and pull it off. Looks ok but the problem is it leaves a definate line. I have about 200 sq ft to texture like the rest of the house (as close as I can get it). There must be a way to roll this on. I've tried a 3/4 nap roller but that doesn't work. Would a smooth roller be better? Any help would be appreciated. v/r Jerry

Reply to
BRAVO52

I'm not doing well with your description.

There is a texture brush. It has 3 -4" bristles. When it is brand new, the bristles are bent out like an old paint brush standing on its bristles. Thin out compound about like latex paint. Saturate the bristles in compound. Smack against the wall in a random pattern, keep reloading. It is very messy - tarp and dress accordingly.

If it was done commercially in the last 30 years it was probably shot on with a texture gun. It may or may not have been knocked down with a trowel. You can rent the machine. You just thought the brush was messy!

Reply to
Dan G

Bravo, go to Home Depot and pick up a texture roller. Then mix up some wall board mud with cheap white paint til you get a mixture about the same as tooth paste. Then roll this on the wall. The thinner the less texture, thicker the more course the texture. works for me. Muff

Reply to
Muff