Drywall taping garage question

Page 2 of 2

Since the you have a ten ft ceiling I would buy 10 ft drywall and set them verical. Then again since it is detached from the house you dont have to worry about fire rating. Do the thing in OSB and you can fasten anything to the wall anywhere you like you like. Do a little planning and you may not want to do the whole garage with OSB or plywood but maybe part of it.
Jimmie
Jimmie

Rather than ceiling paint, prime it with primer for best results.
As for the taping, depends on how fancy you want to get. I did my detached garage that I use as a work shop. I did not tape or mud at all. I put on a coat of white primer and never even got around to the finish coat of paint. I don't entertain there or have dinner parties in the garage so it works for me.