Drywall & Receptacles

Page 2 of 2

Finally picked up some box extenders, so I thought I'd give an update.
The extenders didn't work. They depend on fins catching the drywall, and the people who put in the drywall didn't unscrew the plugs, they just cut a bigger hole. So here's what I did:
I bought a regular box. Set my table saw for 3/8" and cut. Put the rectangle in the hole, and found I really needed 3/8" on 1 corner and 1/8" on the opposite corner. So I marked it with a permanent marker. Then pulled out my angle grinder and grinded away. Now it extends the box flush with the wall and is code-compliant. Cheap too, if you don't count my time :) Now I just have to do it again & again & again (about 12 times total).