Drywall question

I have seen drywall installers run a small tool over edges that they have cut. Is this to create a bevel? What is the tool, it appears to look like a small plane?
I have seen drywall installers run a small tool over cut edges. What is the purpose? To create a bevel. If so, what is the tool?

It's probably a rasp to knock off the errant gypsum high spots so the boards will fit more tightly together. Some people use a Surform block plane tool, some use a expanded metal mesh wrapped block of wood, and other people just use their drywall knife.
It's a dry wall rasp. Very handy.
http://www.all-wall.com/acatalog/Drywall_Rasps.php

I tried a Bondo file just because I had one in the garage and it works great. It looks like a drywall rasp but it's a foot long.