Drywall Primer

I need to prime my newly hung drywall. I have most of a 5 gallon bucket of the water based Kilz left, can this be used? Thanks John

Yes. Almost any paint or primer can be used to seal new drywall. You may want to thin some of the thicker paint so it will soak in a bit more. Some paints may bubble a bit so it's a good idea to check the surface for bumps/nibs to see if you need to do a quick knock down sanding before applying the top coats.

Why not use something made for the job? Several wallboard makers offer tailored primers. They are cheaper than other primers, go on faster, cover better and let you use fewer finish coats. If that isn't important for this project, then use anything you have lying around that is still liquid.
Joe

Yes. It wouldn't bee my first choice but with two top coats it will be acceptable.